Marv as GM

Lofton80

A few comments Levy made after last year's Pro Bowl give insight to his regard for work ethic and character which I believe he will look for in players as GM.

"A few players impressed me during the event. From the other sideline, the NFC's Shaun Alexander was amazing. Now I see why they love him in Seattle. On our side, Richard Seymour was impressive -- his work ethic and the way he comported himself left an impression on me.

I developed a considerable regard for Ray Lewis. All I've ever seen from him, aside from his great play, is his dancing before the game. But I found out what a great work ethic he has and how team oriented he was. He wasn't just telling guys what to do, he really got inside the psyche of the other players and set a good example. And even in the Pro Bowl atmosphere, I was really amazed at Peyton Manning's immersion into what has to be done and studying for the game plan for the game. He's a tremendously detailed individual. Many players are like these two and have the personality and character the NFL expects its players to have".

A few comments Levy made after last year's Pro Bowl give insight to his regard for work ethic and character which I believe he will look for in players as GM.

"A few players impressed me during the event. From the other sideline, the NFC's Shaun Alexander was amazing. Now I see why they love him in Seattle. On our side, Richard Seymour was impressive -- his work ethic and the way he comported himself left an impression on me.

I developed a considerable regard for Ray Lewis. All I've ever seen from him, aside from his great play, is his dancing before the game. But I found out what a great work ethic he has and how team oriented he was. He wasn't just telling guys what to do, he really got inside the psyche of the other players and set a good example. And even in the Pro Bowl atmosphere, I was really amazed at Peyton Manning's immersion into what has to be done and studying for the game plan for the game. He's a tremendously detailed individual. Many players are like these two and have the personality and character the NFL expects its players to have".

555578[/snapback]

That's interesting. It speaks to how marv defines character. Ray Lewis is not the first name that leaps to most minds when folks talk about character guys. But if you define character in a football sense-working hard, being a team player, leading others- than Lewis makes sense.

Another poster had raised the issue of how Marv could talk about character when he had lied about his age, and I think this answers that question. Marv sees a difference between football character and general character!