I am no longer a Bills Fan

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

I'll tell you what anger can to do a fan (and so I present MOI):

The Pirates had just traded away my favorite player, Brian Giles. Then they traded away Aramis Ramirez, Kenny Lofton, and Randall Simon for NOTHING. That's right, NOTHING. Jason Kendall was next on the trading block, supposedly.

I did everything that I pd-off, rabid, disgusted fan would do... I packaged up all of the Pirates gear and programs I got from last season, put it all in a box, and wrote a letter to the owner, saying that he could have my Pirates stuff back, because I didn't want it anymore; the MLB disgusted me, no salary cap.

Well, that box sat in my closet, and sat there, and sat there... I never mailed it off.

I read a story in which the Pirates were using their extra money toward developing and rebuilding the minor league talent, instead of spending it on FA's, or keeping the high-priced guys. I realized I was being a jackass, and no matter what, the days of ol Willie and Tekulve and Walk and Chico and Van Slyke would NEVER go away; I'd miss it far too much anyways.

Now the Pirates are doing very well for a team with so little stars, Jason Bay is a rookie sensation, Jack Wilson is finally becoming a great talent, we got rid of bum Benson for a good talented young Wigginton, and we are going to go places.

Apply that lesson to the Bills of today. The future looks pretty good with the players we DO have now, and in a couple of years when DB and Lindell and these putrid OL wannabes are gone, and in their place are talented monsters surrounding JP, then you'll experience the best of what can be. Keep the faith, brothers and sisters, for there is no greener grass on the other side of the lakes anymore.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guesteroo
Sorry I don't buy that crap for a second.

My Kind? Was it the objective football analysis that I provide that provoked you? Or maybe my strong support for the team we here supposedly love?

I'll be here when you come crawling back from the pathetic alternatives your life offers you.

So sorry for actually contributing to this board from time to time you embarassing excuse for a football fan.

39148[/snapback]

Mr. 34 Whatever,

It is good to see that you continue to get a long well with your fellow board members. You told me not to respond to your posts, but you know what? What are you going to do about it?

You continually rub people the wong way on this board. I thought it was just you and I not agreeing. . . but this guy corroborates the fact that a lot of people here think you're a jerk. Give it a rest. If someone doesn't agree with your point of view, don't jump on them so hard. They are entitled to their opinion.

I cannot walk away from this team, despite they are frustrating the daylights out of me. They are a sick addiction for me. But, that guy is entitled to say that enough is enough. And enough of you is what many of us here are feeling.

lenny in sloan was classic ! I wish you would bring that back.

42584[/snapback]

With the registration thing I can't do the multiple personality gig. Back thne I would even fight with myself.

I would have brought back "Red Mary" to begin this thread, but I was unable to.

Anybody who didn't like my post can meet me in the parking lt for a spearing contest