What I learned from Todays Game

Watched the entire game ... wondered what new and interesting ways the Bills would find to lose ... which they did ...

What I learned today :

1) We wasted another chance for Losman to grow ...

2) Kelly is a backup at best - seems to go to the primary receiver time and time again no matter how he is covered

3) We lack a quality running back - who can stay in the game for all 3 downs - I am not impressed WM has over 100 yards - its pitafull he is seldom in on 3rd downs - can't he block or catch?

4) Peters is a beast - I watched he closely for a lot of the game - his man never beat him - he pushes him right out of the play

5) Play calling is either awful - or its being changed at the line - as they continue to throw 3 yard passed on 3rd and eight

6) Special teams is human - for all their great play can't blame them for the lose - defence is contantly beat and offence can'tscore

7) Bills have better fans - did you see all those empty seats in the largest city in America !

8) We saw a typical Sam Atams gane - 3 takles - 2 sacks - all in teh first 6 minutes - its showed he had 16 tackles for the year - boy ! 1 a game !!

Hard to even list the places to work on - also hard to see who stays and goes. I know people want to clean house but I think the D needs some small changes not wholesale while the biggest problem for the offense is the line and play calling that uses the skills the team has better.

All in all a sad season to watch ... not sure who to rut for in the playoffs .. maybe Seattle ... someone having a good year that is a big underdog .. will at least be use to rooting for an underdog !!

Have a good new year !

3) We lack a quality running back - who can stay in the game for all 3 downs - I am not impressed WM has over 100 yards - its pitafull he is seldom in on 3rd downs - can't he block or catch?

But how much of that is McGahee's fault, and how much is due to the coaches being idiots?

I'm not saying it's not McGahee's fault, mind you...just that we really don't know.

8) We saw a typical Sam Atams gane - 3 takles - 2 sacks - all in teh first 6 minutes - its showed he had 16 tackles for the year - boy ! 1 a game !!

547127[/snapback]

Don't forget, though, that Adams was inactive for at least one game, and barely (if at all) played in several others. They probably got about eight games worth of play out of him...which is still pitiful, mind you. But "16 tackles in 16 games" isn't quite the whole truth.

Actually here are his numbers .. you decide ...

2005-2006 14 games 15 solo 4 assisted 19 total 3 sacks

2004-2005 16 games 28 solo 13 assisted 41 total 5 sacks

2003-2004 16 games 25 solo 8 assisted 33 total 5 sacks

Still looks like this year was pretty bad ....