Never Fear, The Draft Plan is Here

HarkinBanks

I was looking at some past draft picks and if the Bills draft smartly this year, we should be a Super Bowl contender in another year or two no problem :doh: Of course this assumes we have a new coach and GM in place with no connections to Pittsburgh whatsoever!!

All we need to do is replicate our success in previous drafts like this:

Round 1: Bruce Smith, DE (should be no problem finding another DE like this at the top of the 2006 draft)

Round 2: Thurman Thomas RB (we can trade McGahee for all I care and pick up a couple of extra late round picks) Other attractive options would be another Phil Hanson, DE, Will Wolford, G, Daryl Talley, LB or Nate Odomes, CB

Round 3a: Don Beebe, WR

Round 3b (from Tennessee): Jamie Mueller, FB (God, I loved the way that guy played)

Round 4: Andre Reed, WR (or even Chris Burkett would be better than our current backups)

Round 5: John Holecek, LB (Bills draft history in rounds 5 and 6 is pretty scary over the past 15 years or so)

Round 6: Corbin Lacina, G

Round 7a: Mark Pike, DE (we'll get all these extra 7th round picks when we dump McGahee)

Round 7b: Butch "Shake, Rattle and" Rolle, TE

Round 7c: Keith McKellar, TE (was actually a 9th round pick)

Round 7d: House Ballard, T (was actually an 11th round pick)

Then we can grab another Pat Williams and Jason Peters as UFAs and we should be able to easily claw our way back above .500 next year assuming our new coach does not suspend too many of our top players each week !!