Do coaches become enamored with Bledsoe?

Griz

How else can you explain the fact that this coaching staff and the last staff, at least when it counted, SAID they were going to run the ball, only to rely on the pass as soon as things start getting tough? Yesterday's game is a perfect example. We were never out of the game but we refused to "define ourselves" as the time of possession/wear you down offense we are supposed to be.

I know our OL is weak, and their are plenty of other problems you could point to. However, our current coaches - EVEN THOUGH I STILL BELIEVE IN THEM - are beginning to make me wonder. They seem to be doing one of two things; they are talking up the run and trying to trick defenses by NOT doing the obvious, or, they are becoming enamored with Drew's swagger and his experience - like GW/KG did last year - and they honestly believe he will snap out of his slump any moment and lead the team to glory.

If we are going to hope that Drew "snaps out of it", or we plan on relying on goofy-assed hairy high school trick plays, this is going to be one long and painful season. It's time to stop relying on good luck and take a cold hard look at what and who works, and what and who doesn't. If that is done in an honest way, we will begin to put players in the game that will put some damn points on the board; McGahee, Evans, Losman - get yer arses on the field!!!!