my .02 worth

nero47

The real truth is that the veteran players quit believing in the coaches plans after the third or fourth game of the season.

In all of football it is necesaary for the players to buy in to the coaches plan of attack. IMHO it would appear that key players decided they knew more than the coaching staff. If every player ran the plays as drawn up, whether we think its good or not. These are plays done in practice, and designed to work against various defenses unless the defense outguesses the offense.

Our players haven't been doing what is asked of them. First McGahee, looking for holes other than the initial one(ie dancing in the backfield), Sam Adams being a penetrator instead of run stuffer to tie up the line.(By slicing through each time, he can be moved where there offense wants, and that allows Offense line to move downfield to block linebackers for long gains), and now Moulds determining what plays we should run, or how hard he'll run a particular play.(last part was only conjecture, I did not see game here in daytona).

In summary it would appear that this is Mularkey's way of saying right or wrong do it our way. If we win 2 out 4 he'll be back. If not he'll be gone.

i wouldn't write off Adams or Moulds, Leaving may very well be up to them. EM has about 3-4 more good years as a possession type receiver. I would try to restructure hi contract to 4 years with a bonus and guarantee of 11 million regardless of whether or not he gets to year 3 or 4.( 4mil bonus - 4 years for 4.5 per) His choice of whether or not to stay.