How to coach

gggbills

I know the topic has been beaten to death, but I don't care, I must speak.

Last nite the Seahawks were up by 28 points late in the 2nd. They had first and goal, I think at around the 6 yard line. Instead of being cute and throwing the ball, (which they could have done, cause the Eagles were sucking wind), they did what a good team does when they are up by a bunch and looking to put the nail in the coffin. They gave the ball to their 1st string RB who put it into the end zone. Had he not made it, they could have given it to him two more times, and if he still did not get in, a FG would have made it 31-0, pretty much ending the game either way.

What they did not do is throw the ball vs a team that was clearly beatin, thus not giving that team any hope of a INT and a Phin like comeback. The reason they did not do this, is becuase their coach has a brain in his head. This is not the first time MM has been accused of getting to cute. Fun time is over, MM must go

To further illustrate your point:

Total TD's:

Shaun Alexander- 22 (all rushing)

Buffalo Bills- 17 (4 rushing [all McGahee], 13 passing)

SA is a maniac down by the goalline. He always gets in. Mularkey either does not trust McGahee or does not trust the O-Line. It seemed that last year, one of McGahee's special gifts was finding the end zone. If he got a sniff, he was in there. This year, it is more a lack of opportunity than a lack of success on his part.

This is not the first time MM has been accused of getting to cute.  Fun time is over, MM must go

522455[/snapback]

No question this has been a MAJOR issue with the MM regime...Look, if you have Indy, or Cincy type talent on Offense you can certainly afford to get cute every now and again...I just don't think Mularkey gets it...I really don't...

No question this has been a MAJOR issue with the MM regime...Look, if you have Indy, or Cincy type talent on Offense you can certainly afford to get cute every now and again...I just don't think Mularkey gets it...I really don't...

522464[/snapback]

was your first clue seeing Roscoe playing QB and throwing passes? :D