Bills Backers Bars in San Diego

WWVaBeach

Was originally invited to the Charger-Raider game but that fell through. So now I'm free to watch the Bills stomp the Dolfelons! Any help on a good location would be greatly appreciated.

516913[/snapback]

The place you want to go is called "Blind Melons" and it's in Pacific Beach on the northwest side of San Diego. Tell Jimbo you're a Two Bills Drive contributor.

Thanks...I'll do that.

516946[/snapback]

I went there last year for opening day and the burnouts who run the joint couldn't even get the game on the set. I left about twenty minutes into the game and watched it at some other bar up the street. Hopefully they aren't as confused this year as they were last. I mean, how do you !@#$ up opening weekend?

I should have been at Seau's.

I went there last year for opening day and the burnouts who run the joint couldn't even get the game on the set.  I left about twenty minutes into the game and watched it at some other bar up the street.  Hopefully they aren't as confused this year as they were last.  I mean, how do you !@#$ up opening weekend?

516950[/snapback]

It's dramatically better now than in the past.

I went there last year for opening day and the burnouts who run the joint couldn't even get the game on the set.  I left about twenty minutes into the game and watched it at some other bar up the street.  Hopefully they aren't as confused this year as they were last.  I mean, how do you !@#$ up opening weekend?

516950[/snapback]

The Melon is THE place to watch Bill's games, been doing it for 15 years now. Mistakes happen, especially when technology is involved, ease up.

It's dramatically better now than in the past.

516983[/snapback]

It doesn't seem like it is. They advertised that they were going to show the Buffalo Sabres game there on Saturday evening, November 19th and they didn't even get that channel. There were a bunch of disappointed fans. Luckily Moondoggies showed it. 0:)

The Melon is THE place to watch Bill's games, been doing it for 15 years now.  Mistakes happen, especially when technology is involved, ease up.

517287[/snapback]

Apparently not.

The technology you speak of, TV: been around a while. Are they

actually launching the satellites?

0:)

It doesn't seem like it is.  They advertised that they were going to show the Buffalo Sabres game there on Saturday evening, November 19th and they didn't even get that channel.  There were a bunch of disappointed fans.  Luckily Moondoggies showed it.  0:)

517584[/snapback]

I went to a game there in maybe 2000 and we were among maybe 10 to 12 Bill's fans who showed up, in fact the bar was pretty much empty except for another 4 or 5 cheering other teams. No food available or any suggestions about where to snag a plate of wings, etc. It's possible the week was an organized "away' game or something but from all appearances it looked like a regular Sunday back then.

From what is going on now it's safe to say there's been a dramatic improvement from the "old days".

I went to a game there in maybe 2000 and we were among maybe 10 to 12 Bill's fans who showed up, in fact the bar was pretty much empty except for another 4 or 5 cheering other teams. No food available or any suggestions about where to snag a plate of wings, etc. It's possible the week was an organized "away' game or something but from all appearances it looked like a regular Sunday back then.

From what is going on now it's safe to say there's been a dramatic improvement from the "old days".

517897[/snapback]

I've been there three times this season and it is always busy - even without the

Bears' fans. It's somewhat annoying having two games on. No food is a bummer but they have been selling slices at halftime. It's still worth the trip.

I've been there three times this season and it is always busy - even without the

Bears' fans. It's somewhat annoying having two games on. No food is a bummer but they have been selling slices at halftime.  It's still worth the trip.

517948[/snapback]

There are several restaurants adjacent that will deliver the food to you in the bar. There is a Zweigles hot dog cart right outside the door where you can get a killer grilled dog, get the meat sauce on it! This is not a fu-fu sports bar, most of us love the SH!THole the way it is. How can you beat $2 PBR's twenty steps from the beach? Wussy's go somewhere else, we don't need whiners.