Final Week of College Ball

smokinandjokin

Big games this weekend--

(11) UCLA at (1) USC USC has already clinched PAC 10 title and a Fiesta Bowl berth, but Fiesta would be a worst case scenario with the Rose Bowl in their sights.

Colorado vs. (2) Texas Big 12 Championship Game- Houston's Reliant Stadium. Buffaloes 5-3 conference record "earns" them a spot in the conference title game. Gag me. Big 12 is WEAK- Colorado will be lucky to stay within 30.

(13) Georgia vs. (3) LSU SEC Championship Game- Georgia Dome. Interesting matchup. Georgia playing a near home game, with plenty of LSU fans on hand. I think it will be a low-scoring battle.

Florida State vs. (5) Virginia Tech First-ever ACC Championship Game- Jacksonville, FL. Seminoles 5-3 conference record "earns" them a spot in the title game. Miami had a shot at a rematch with FSU but lost to Georgia Tech. Florida State has a chance to get BCS bid after losing 3 in a row and 4 of last 6. Not gonna happen.

Army vs. Navy Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA. Storied matchup. Navy has had Army's number the past several years, but Army was usually entering the game with 1 or fewer wins. This year the Cadets are 4-6 and on a 4 game winning streak. If you are a senior on either team, this is the biggest game of your life.

And, my picks:

UCLA gave them all they could handle last year, but USC rolls at home in the Coliseum and win by 17. UCLA scores, but Bush outscores them. Confirms Heisman victory on national TV.

Texas by 40 to bounce back after last week's poor outing.

LSU eeking out a win at home against lowly Arkansas last week makes me pick Georgia, as the Dawgs defend their home state.

Another blowout in the ACC game- VT wins the first title game 34-3.

I have made a little money wagering on Navy the past few years, as Army has put up little resistance. With Navy (6-4) already locked in to the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsetta Bowl (seriously!) I will take Army, as the Black Knights start the season 0-6, and finish with 5 straight wins.

I agree with all your picks except Army-Navy. Navy is a very good and well-coached team and despite their bowl lockup, they are going to bring everything they have. Like you said, its the biggest game of a lifetime for some of the players....they're in it to win it for sure.

I do think the games will be closer than some think. I don't know why, and I'm not calling any major upsets, but I think it will be a very good weekend of football.

I agree with all your picks except Army-Navy. Navy is a very good and well-coached team and despite their bowl lockup, they are going to bring everything they have. Like you said, its the biggest game of a lifetime for some of the players....they're in it to win it for sure.

516048[/snapback]

I agree Bart, Navy is the better team. For the past few years, they have been leaps and bounds ahead of Army. In fact, Navy has won the last 3 games by a combined score of 144-31 to tie the overall series at 49-49-7.

I'm just going out on a limb and saying that Army has figured out how to win- they've won 4 in a row- and that Army's senior class does not want to go out losing all four years to Navy. No doubt this game is more important to Navy than the Poinsetta Bowl, but this is Army's bowl game.

It looks like some of the money has been on Army. The opening line was Navy -7, and most books have it at -6 right now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.