Impressed with Holcomb's attitude

bartshan-83

---I will preface this by saying that I was/am not really in favor of him starting for reasons that I'm sure have been discussed ad nauseum here for the better part of a week---

But I just read the AP article linked on the TBD homepage LINK and I will say that I was very impressed with his comments and general attitude. He seemed to have a good balance of wanting to start vs. knowing that it is a delicate situation. I would not want a guy here who was happy being a backup, but he also seems to understand (from Cleveland experience I'm sure) how to handle the media in a situation like this. I'm sure the team is already divided somewhat and the coaches being secretive about it all probably doesn't help. The last thing we need is him or JP to pour gas on the flames by spouting off something negative. We just won a divisional, rivalry game and things could get clicking again.

Who knows if this is how he really feels or acts when the cameras are off? He could just be spewing media rhetoric and athlete cliches because he is a veteran and he knows the game. But I was just very impressed with it all.

~bart

there's no question... he's starting until we're mathematically out, mularkey is very predictable, right now even as crappy as we played a win is a win in the nfl, if holcomb produces another decent game sunday and especially.. if he wins, holcomb will play till we're mathematically out

judging by our schedule, if holcomb has plays decent (which is a possibility) and our defence holds and we find a way to get the ball more to Willis, we might be able to make a run for the playoffs