McGee really becoming a sure tackler!

bartshan-83

I gotta say, I miss AW taking down TEs and big RBs every week and the look on their face after some 5'8" 165 lber would stop them dead in their tracks. But McGee is really starting to impress me in the same department. He consistently comes up with a "big" hit which is really just very, very solid tackling, technique-wise. He gets low and doesn't let guys get past him.

In fact he is starting to remind me of AW very much in every way, except that he is an elite KR and get's more picks. He's not quite there yet on the tackling, and he gets beat a little more often, but he is getting better all the time. I would love to lock him down during the season because I believe his price tag goes up every game.

and one more note on great tackling.....Jabari Greer on special teams. WOW. Every week he is the first man down there on punts and every week he is good for at least one great tackle where he flies by the returner and gets enough of him to knock him off his feet. The 65 yd. punt, 1 yd. return yesterday by Welker (a great returner himself) was a prime example.

bart

I gotta say, I miss AW taking down TEs and big RBs every week and the look on their face after some 5'8" 165 lber would stop them dead in their tracks. But McGee is really starting to impress me in the same department. He consistently comes up with a "big" hit which is really just very, very solid tackling, technique-wise. He gets low and doesn't let guys get past him.

In fact he is starting to remind me of AW very much in every way, except that he is an elite KR and get's more picks. He's not quite there yet on the tackling, and he gets beat a little more often, but he is getting better all the time. I would love to lock him down during the season because I believe his price tag goes up every game.

and one more note on great tackling.....Jabari Greer on special teams. WOW. Every week he is the first man down there on punts and every week he is good for at least one great tackle where he flies by the returner and gets enough of him to knock him off his feet. The 65 yd. punt, 1 yd. return yesterday by Welker (a great returner himself) was a prime example.

bart

471562[/snapback]

anyone that has as many INT's at this stage of his career has already surpased Winfield....I hope we keep Clements - hes a stud