After 6 games last year...

Commander

We were 1-5 (1-5 in Conference, 1-2 in Division) and 5 games out of first place. If we win next week, we'll be 3-3 (3-0 in Conference, 2-0 in Division) and possibly tied for first place. Given the lousy way we've been playing, I'll take it.

We were 1-5 (1-5 in Conference, 1-2 in Division) and 5 games out of first place.  If we win next week, we'll be 3-3 (3-0 in Conference, 2-0 in Division) and possibly tied for first place.  Given the lousy way we've been playing, I'll take it.

470928[/snapback]

That pretty much sums it up. I agree 100%. Not to mention that Mularkey is now over .500 (11-10) as a head coach. "We" always complain about numbers here and all that matters is the bottom line. Like it or not, we had a first year coach last year with a winning record who is now ahead of last years pace. Let's hope it continues.

Yes, I have concerns too....JP's psyche, inability to slow Dolphins on last drive before fumble saved us, poor offensive line play, lack of half time adjustments....blah, blah, blah. The bottom line is we're better than last year.....for this week anyway. :D

We were 1-5 (1-5 in Conference, 1-2 in Division) and 5 games out of first place.  If we win next week, we'll be 3-3 (3-0 in Conference, 2-0 in Division) and possibly tied for first place.  Given the lousy way we've been playing, I'll take it.

470928[/snapback]

How refreshing....thank you for that.....I totally agree. This team is not as doomed as some might have us believe. Holcomb played a very solid, efficient game for his first start as a Bill. He made good decisions and our offense moved the ball well. Miami still has a pretty solid D, and they made proper adjustments against us in the second half. That being said, I like where we are...particularly in light of the division, as you pointed out.

GO BILLS!!

Given the performance in the first 6 games it's difficult to get excited about the rest of the year. That said everybody was going Bills crazy during the win streak last season and the situation looked much worse.

I just want to be able to watch meaningful games for as long as possible, and despite what we looked like so far the Bills could be tied for first next week and perfect in tiebreakers. If you would have told me at the start of the year that the Bills would be in that situation after 7 weeks I would have been a pretty happy about it.