is a fire sale next

Johnny

dump the vets with their salaries, go young.....trade, cut, get as many draft picks as you can, get as far under the cap as you can..........coach's instinct is to win with what he has and vets wanna win now if your qb is the leader and he needs time to develop should they develop everything else around him?............should guys like mcgahee kelsay and evans be the seniors on the team

dump the vets with their salaries, go young.....trade, cut, get as many draft picks as you can, get as far under the cap as you can..........coach's instinct is to win with what he has and vets wanna win now if your qb is the leader and he needs time to develop should they develop everything else around him?............should guys like mcgahee kelsay and evans be the seniors on the team

469895[/snapback]

There is little choice left. I say hell yeah. We can miss the playoffs without 'em anyways.

The question is who do you keep? On offense, Evans is a budding star and McGahee is the workhorse! J.P. deserves to be given time.... otherwise I'd opt for Mike Williams, Duke Preston on the line and see what Kevin Everett gives you at TE. Geisinger is developmental to me, but there isn't tons left for me to get excited about. Draft a legit Left Tackle in a deep class of draft picks in '06. Gates stays in my view to develop behind Willis. Better options at QB are a neccesity at #2 and #3. Defensively, Spikes is a no brainer as is Clements. A revamping of the DT position is almost gauranteed at this point! At DE, PLEASE, a bonifide rusher off the edge. Aaron Schobel never has captured my imagination at that position. Upgrades at LDE are needed too. Jeff Posey is NOT a liability, however, a better player could be found! Safety is looming as a position of weakness soon, if it isn't already!! Baker is a possibility, but I'm not too excited about him either. CB is a team strength now and into the future IF Nate is signed. It is imparitive to build on what strengths one has!! WR is also a strength now and into the future, but the $64,000 question is what to do with Eric Moulds?! I say trade him in the offseason while he still can bring a nice pick or player this direction. Overall, a LOT of work is necessary to retool this team for another run. Two years, minimum, in my eyes because the turnover MUST be huge!!!