Wake Up Everyone

ofiba

Luckily, I also was at the Orange Bowl when we beat them there for the first time there (I think since the '60s).  That was Marino's first start and Joe Ferguson probably had his best game as a Bill.  Man was it enjoyable to hear the crickets in the Orange Bowl after we won.  I will never forget it.

464638[/snapback]

Beautiful game, beautiful memories. Fergy went for 419 yards if I recall right.

Here's an article about the game -- from a shocked Florida writer at that! :lol:

I love this part:

For Buffalo, there was no bigger hero than Ferguson, who enjoyed the finest day of his 11-year pro career, throwing five touchdown passes while completing 36-of-55 passes for 419 yards against a Miami secondary previously ranked No. 1 in the league.

I'm glad your all enjoying reminiscing the glory days, but shouldnt you be focused on the ass-whooping your going to receive this weekend?

464794[/snapback]

The best part about all this is I know you'll be back next Monday to eat your crow. Ramius will make sure of it. :lol:

I'm a big Fergy fan. Had Derrick Burrows (I think that was who it was) not roughed in the ez in 1981 against the Kenny Anderson Bengals, they had a reasonable SB shot.

464745[/snapback]

Burroughs took the penalty in the 1988 AFC title game against Cincy. That's also the game where Bruce got that BS roughing the passer flag on the first series, saving the Bengals' drive.

1981 is where Fergy forgot how to tell time. :lol:

The best part about all this is I know you'll be back next Monday to eat your crow.  Ramius will make sure of it.  :lol:

464803[/snapback]

Heh heh, we'll see. I just realized how strange it is to be so confident in something that I have absolutely no control over.

We're shouldn't be worried about 1-3, about JP, about the o-line, or about TD.

We should concerned with one thing and one thing only.  Burying the Dolphins into the turf.

Let's hope Moulds is getting everyone fired up for the game, since he's probably one of the few that truly understands the rivalry. 

Squish the Fish!!!

464502[/snapback]

We will win.

Bills 9

Dolphins 7

I'll be there too! I had started another thread on Squishing the Fish before I saw this one:

If the Bills are ever going to show up this year and win another game, please let it be this weekend.

This year is (thus far) reminiscent of the year we pasted the Patsies in the first game, 31-0, then proceeded to fall apart the rest of the season. Looks like that way again, but I'd really love to see a win over the Dolphins. Probably the only game I'll be attending this year. I'll be doing my job as part of the 12th man, yelling myself hoarse...

SQUISH THE FISH!!!

It would be great if something clicked in Losman or if Holcomb turned into Jim Kelly and we started playing some ball this weekend. The division is ripe for the taking!

My first Bills game was at Rich in the late '70s. We were losing to the Fish 9-7 and it looked like we might finally win one when Dempsey lined up for a late FG attempt... which he missed (by half a foot, as the joke went). Always nice to beat the Dolphins. I was a t Willis's coming out party in last year's Fish game. Sure would be nice to see him running all over them again this year!

As I will be flying in from Phoenix on Friday to attend Sunday's game, I say SQUISH THE FISH!!!!!!!

Enough of this crap about who sucks why? I DONT CARE!!! Just Squish The Fish and all will be well! Dolphins always start off well. then they lose in Buffalo to start the season long slide to OBLIVION!!! This year is no different (sorry puhonix).

See you all this weekend at Hammered's Lot. What time does the tailgating start?

Miami - W

Jets - W

@ Oak - W

@ NE - L

KC – W

@ SD - L

Carolina - W

@ Miami - W

NE - W

Denver - W

@ Cin - L

@ Jets - W

464686[/snapback]

So, that's the formula for the playoffs... If we had only beaten the 'Aints, then we could have lost to Carolina, New England (twice), Denver, or KC.

I'm afraid that we are going to lose one of those games... and end 9-7.

That Cincinnati game may turn out to be the game of the year for us!

So, that's the formula for the playoffs... If we had only beaten the 'Aints, then we could have lost to Carolina, New England (twice), Denver, or KC.

I'm afraid that we are going to lose one of those games... and end 9-7.

That Cincinnati game may turn out to be the game of the year for us!

465352[/snapback]

The more I think about Cincy, the more I suspect that they're a tad bit overrated. Look at the 4 teams they beat this year: Browns, Vikings, Bears, Texans :D Though they should still make the playoffs because the rest of their schedule is easy enough for a team with a 4-0 start to slip in...