Want to see how to Coach...

Steven in MD

I think MM could learn a lesson from Phillip Fulmer on how to deal with a young QB who is the future of your team. Erik Ainge is a Sophmore who is the TN QB for the next 2-3 yrs. But he was ineffective in the 1st half, so Fullmer pulled him and brought in Clausen. TN won!

I would have liked to see MM just pull JP when he is ineffective...

I think MM could learn a lesson from Phillip Fulmer on how to deal with a young QB who is the future of your team.  Erik Ainge is a Sophmore who is the TN QB for the next 2-3 yrs.  But he was ineffective in the 1st half, so Fullmer pulled him and brought in Clausen.  TN won! 

I would have liked to see MM just pull JP when he is ineffective...

456446[/snapback]

I saw that game last night till the very end. A true classic. I agree with you, I liked what Fullmer did by taking out the strong armed Ainge to put in the leader Claussen when they were down 21-0.

Not being a wiseass here:

Name a team who has had winning reg season and then won something (playoff game in NFL, bowl game in NCAA) while platooning QB's. It seems like when teams do that, both QB's usually suck.

(I was not alive but I do remember hearing of a Bills backup, Lamonica, who used to sub for Kemp every game.) Any recent examples? (Again, not being a wiseass, I really don't recall any.)

Nice move by Fulmer though. Changed the game, as well as my financial situation. Was counting my money at 21-0 (had LSU -6.5).

Not being a wiseass here:

Name a team who has had winning reg season and then won something (playoff game in NFL, bowl game in NCAA) while platooning QB's.  It seems like when teams do that, both QB's usually suck.

Nice move by Fulmer though.  Changed the game, as well as my financial situation.  Was counting my money at 21-0 (had LSU -6.5).

456494[/snapback]

Not saying that Clausen should be the starter, or a platooning situation. I am talking about the mid-game adjustment to win this game. Fullmer will have to decide what to do in the future, but he did not worry about that decision, he just made the right move for that game.

Not saying that Clausen should be the starter, or a platooning situation.  I am talking about the mid-game adjustment to win this game.  Fullmer will have to decide what to do in the future, but he did not worry about that decision, he just made the right move for that game.

456495[/snapback]

Hey Steven, how did that work out against the Gators?