Nice game by Drewbie

smokinandjokin

He just passed Montana in total passing yards. Up next.....Fouts.

But, he sucks, right?  :)Good Luck Drew

454935[/snapback]

Let me know when he catches the obviously awesome Vinny Testaverde. I guess he didn't suck either because he threw for nearly 5,000 more yards than Joe Montana. :(

I'll believe the current version of Drew is more than a mediocre QB when he beats a quality opponent on the road late in the season. I sure as hell ain't gonna laud him for coming back to beat last season's "laughingstock of the NFL".

363 yards passing against the Niners? Whoopie.

Let me know when he catches the obviously awesome Vinny Testaverde. I guess he didn't suck either because he threw for nearly 5,000 more yards than Joe Montana

To make you happy, I'll break it down into yards/season:

Testeverde: 2470.83

Bledsoe: 3127.54

Little bit of difference there.

I'll believe the current version of Drew is more than a mediocre QB when he beats a quality opponent on the road late in the season.  I sure as hell ain't gonna laud him for coming back to beat last season's "laughingstock of the NFL"

I like how the requirements keep getting steeper and steeper.

First it was, "He'll be sacked 100 times."

When that didn't happen (JPL has been sacked more than Bledsoe this season), it was, "He needs to win against a good opponent on the road!"

When the Cowboys beat the Chargers, it's now, "He has to beat a quality opponent on the road late in the season." Why not modify it to say, "He has to beat a quality opponent on the road late in the season with a broken arm and a patch over one eye?" :(

The same thing happened in Buffalo last year. "He can't win on the road." "He can't win on the road against a good opponent." "He can't win on the road on the west coast." Blah blah blh.

There's more to football than just the QB. OL comes to mind.

CW

To make you happy, I'll break it down into yards/season:

Testeverde: 2470.83

Bledsoe: 3127.54

Little bit of difference there.

I like how the requirements keep getting steeper and steeper.

First it was, "He'll be sacked 100 times."

When that didn't happen (JPL has been sacked more than Bledsoe this season), it was, "He needs to win against a good opponent on the road!"

When the Cowboys beat the Chargers, it's now, "He has to beat a quality opponent on the road late in the season."  Why not modify it to say, "He has to beat a quality opponent on the road late in the season with a broken arm and a patch over one eye?"  :(

The same thing happened in Buffalo last year.  "He can't win on the road."  "He can't win on the road against a good opponent."  "He can't win on the road on the west coast."  Blah blah blh.

There's more to football than just the QB.  OL comes to mind.

CW

455252[/snapback]

I don't recall saying anything about him being sacked 100 times (I'm not sure the Chargers are a quality opponent either). My biggest gripe with Drew has always been his inability to raise his level when it matters most. I don't hate the guy and honestly hope he plays well because he's one of the good guys in the league. But I've learned over the years that he's far more likely to disappoint than anything (2-14 record as a starter with horrendous statistics against teams with more than 10 wins).

There's definitely alot more to winning than QB play but when you have a great one (like Brady) you tend to win alot more than you lose.

There's definitely alot more to winning than QB play but when you have a great one (like Brady) you tend to win alot more than you lose.

455477[/snapback]

The problem is that there aren't many great ones out there.

CW