A win next week cures all ills...

RuntheDamnBall

...and hopefully stops all the bellyaching around here. Jesus, the "sky is falling" crowd is in full force tonight.

I am really, really disappointed about Takeo's injury, and hoping he's alright, and I know Losman is not playing to his potential. But McGahee ran the ball well today, that's a sign for optimism. With injuries we have to see what our young guys are made of. The difference right now between the Bills and teams like NE is that when the worst happens, champions rise to the occasion. This is their chance. We are still in a better position than we were last year at this time. We head to a pretty neutral location to play a Saints team that hasn't looked any better than us. The quality of our last two opponents was apparently pretty high, Vick denouncers be damned. We have yet another opportunity to readjust our game plan for the run.

We knew ahead of time this was going to be a season of growing pains. This was not a playoff team last year with Drew and it may not be this year with JP. But damn, giving up on the season, begging for Holcomb already, this is not what any real fan does. This season is not even a quarter of the way through. I would wager the same people who are giving up on the team now gave up on them at 35-3 in the Houston game.

Be disappointed for today, expect better next week, but give this thing time.