Atlanta's Rushing Game not bad at #4

Max Fischer

why the disclaimer that vick has much of their team total in rushing yards? are the yards less legit because a QB got them? last time i checked the goal of football is to move the ball down the field to get a score. are the falcons on some kind of special rules that say that their QB's rushing yards don't count?

if anything though, i think you have to look at vick's rushing yards and just add them to his passing yards because 95% of the time he ran on a passing play. personally i don't care if a rushing attack or a passing attack beats a defense...it is total yards/points that beats a team.

btw this was no attack on what you said, i just see people argue that teams like the falcons are "2nd in the league in rushing but...." and it annoys me because 2nd in the league is second in the league. look at passing yards though and you will see where they fall short.

I think Buffalo's defense has enough speed to match up well with Atlanta's finesse brand of running.  The problem that Buffalo has is stopping those smash mouth style running teams.  I wonder if that will forever be our curse.

448784[/snapback]

Duckett gives them the smash mouth and Dunn the finese...so we have to prepare for both.

The point in bringing this up, at least from my vantage point, is that Vick will either play and be limited with a leg injury (forget which) or won't play, essentially eliminating him as a running threat.

448606[/snapback]

Yes. Thanks. I didn't think I discovered a new theorem or something complicated.

Duckett gives them the smash mouth and Dunn the finese...so we have to prepare for both.

448805[/snapback]

I'm not that worried about Duckett. Atlanta in general just doesn't impress me as being able to cram the ball down a team's throat. I'm just going on record as saying I believe Buffalo can shut down the Falcons' offense, but it will be up to Buffalo offense to get SOME points on the board. If they can just put up the same amount as they did against Houston I think Buffalo wins.

I'm not that worried about Duckett.  Atlanta in general just doesn't impress me as being able to cram the ball down a team's throat.  I'm just going on record as saying I believe Buffalo can shut down the Falcons' offense, but it will be up to Buffalo offense to get SOME points on the board.  If they can just put up the same amount as they did against Houston I think Buffalo wins.

448821[/snapback]

Tampa has consistently bottled up Atlanta (and so did Philly in the playoffs) by keeping a fast LB/DLineman on him and switching it up. We have the ability to do that plus if he's gimpy it's going to play right to our advantage with our #1 passing defense in the league. I think the game will be close merely because Atlanta is going to try and cram it down our throat not to the outside but right up the gut. I expect you to see Duckett get more of the carries than Dunn or an equal amount. Atlanta's run to pass ratio will be extremely lopsided unless they get way behind. But, I don't see that happening b/c the Atlanta D is very good and very fast. Underrated young secondary. I do believe the Bills can win this game if they establish the passing game. That's the key. If not, the Falcons will win.

Are we going to get a prediction thread going?