My question to mularkey

Schulman16

I just submitted a question to ask MM on buffalobills.com. I really hope mine gets picked.

"Coach, I'm a little disappointed by the lack of offensive creativity and imagination. Where were the adjustments at halftime? I didn't see one draw play, screen pass, or misdirection run to keep tampa's defense honest. I know it's easy to blame the loss on J.P, but I don't think the coaching staff put him in the best position to succeed. With that said, what can we expect from the offense next week against another strong defense?"

I urge all of you to ask a tough question to mularkey.

I just submitted a question to ask MM on buffalobills.com.  I really hope mine gets picked.

"Coach, I'm a little disappointed by the lack of offensive creativity and imagination.  Where were the adjustments at halftime?  I didn't see one draw play, screen pass, or misdirection run to keep tampa's defense honest.  I know it's easy to blame the loss on J.P, but I don't think the coaching staff put him in the best position to succeed.  With that said, what can we expect from the offense next week against another strong defense?"

I urge all of you to ask a tough question to mularkey.

445813[/snapback]

I agree that there might have been some type of adjustment before yanking JP and Willis...

I guess I was spoiled last year with the Special Teams contribution, too...

I asked him if the decision to go away from power running on sunday is down to having JP in running the O or just the fact that the coaches figured that running would be tough against tampa... I also asked if we are now less focused on power running now that JP has the ball in his hands.

445919[/snapback]

The way I saw it, the reason we couldn't get the power running game going was the fact that we couldn't complete any third down pass plays. They did give it to Willis in the first quarter and I think power running was the plan, but you still have to be able to convert the third and 5's. JP seemed too rattled to throw an accurate pass. Maybe that was the beginning of the end for our chances.

The way I saw it, the reason we couldn't get the power running game going was the fact that we couldn't complete any third down pass plays. They did give it to Willis in the first quarter and I think power running was the plan, but you still have to be able to convert the third and 5's. JP seemed too rattled to throw an accurate pass. Maybe that was the beginning of the end for our chances.

445924[/snapback]

Well said. I'm glad somebody watched the game.