Big Games This Weekend II

smokinandjokin

(5)Tennessee at (6)Florida

(8)Florida St. at (17)Boston College

Michigan St. at (10)Notre Dame

(13)Miami at (20)Clemson

(21)Oklahoma at UCLA

(23)Fresno St. at Oregon

Man-o-man, college football is great! Another slew of good games on the docket. My predictions didn't pan out so hot last week, so pay no attention to my blind shots at this week's NCAA dartboard.

Here I go:

UT at UF- first time these 2 schools have played when both are in the Top 10- I'll take Chris Leak and Florida at home.

FSU at BC- BC still seems like a Big East team to me, so normally I'd go with the ACC, but FSU had some serious issues against Miami. I'll take Boston College

MSU at ND- State will want to defend the honor of the state of Michigan, but last week I picked UM because I said "Notre Dame showed me nothing yet." They showed me something. I'll take the Irish

UM at Clemson- Ouch! Tough one. Clemson is 2-0 and nasty at home, but we know Miami should have beaten FSU. I'll go with the Canes

OU at UCLA- Struggling Oklahoma loses out west to 2-0 UCLA

Fresno St. at Oregon- Fresno St. pulls a minor upset at the toughest place to play in the Pac 10.

(13)Miami at (20)Clemson

(21)Oklahoma at UCLA

(23)Fresno St. at Oregon

437915[/snapback]

Is it just me, or have there been an insane amount of marquee matchups already? I feel like a whole seasons worth of great games have already been played...

Tennessee hasn't looked that sharp and while I hate UF, being at the swamp will def give them the edge. Florida.

Fvck BC....My most hated team in college sports. I hope FSU kicks the everloving sh-- out of them. FSU all the way.

Very nervous about MSU. I think they are highly underrated and if this game was in East Lansing, I'd be shitting my pants. But I think the crowd will be so juiced and we are the better team. I just hope we haven't gotten cocky....havent won a damn thing yet. ND

I think this may turn out to be the best game of the bunch...or Miami may flatten them. I think Miami is a great squad, and if they can get it together, they will dominate. I'm not making any sense but I do know I would not touch this game with any kind of action. Miami

I don't trust OU anymore than the average person, but there is talent on the team and Stoops is a great coach. AP knows that this is his team and if he can carry them, he may just win the Heisman. OU.

Honestly don't know too much about either of these teams...haven't gotten to see anything more than highlights of Fresno and nothing of Oregon. My gut goes with Fresno St.

GREAT year so far!!

I like Florida, Oklahoma, Miami, and Oregon.

Honestly, I don't know anything about BC. Are they really the 17th best team around?

Give me MSU in the upset. ND seems to always lose these letdown games, even at home. Maybe Weiss won't allow it to happen this year, but I bet it's close either way.

Is it just me, or have there been an insane amount of marquee matchups already? I feel like a whole seasons worth of great games have already been played...

438152[/snapback]

I agree Bart, some very good games so far. It seems a lot of conferences are front-loading the rivalry games (Miami-Fla St.) to build some interest. But it's nice to see some big non-conference games as well. It's what the fans want to see, and it's what the players want to play. It's the coaches who are scared of the tough non-conf schedule, because it's almost a "one loss and yer out" situation. But look at Oklahoma's non-conference schedule; it's usually a cupcake-fest. Obviously, the past two years have proven that beating teams 62-10 doesn't help you in the Big 12 finals or the NCAA title game.

Hopefully the coaches will pick up on the good vibes from the Ohio St-Texas game and continue to schedule some primetime matchups.

(13)Miami at (20)Clemson

(21)Oklahoma at UCLA

(23)Fresno St. at Oregon

437915[/snapback]

This is what I would have said if my post would have worked:

Tennessee

FSU

ND

Miami

UCLA

FS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.