Computer Problem Help!

Cole

I have NEVER seen anything like this before.

my computer was running fine, was trasferring music from a cd to Itunes. When it Suddenly restarted, The issue is once it gets past the XP Home screen it restarts over and over (prompting to go into safe mde, system restore regular startup) the only option to break the cycle is safe mode.. Someone suggestry the registry is messed up so im looking into fixing that (but dont wanna spend 30$s for a cleaner)

Any help you can offer id appricate

my computer was running fine, was trasferring music from a cd to Itunes.  When it Suddenly restarted,  The issue is once it gets past the XP Home screen it restarts over and over (prompting to go into safe mde, system restore regular startup) the only option to break the cycle is safe mode..  Someone suggestry the registry is messed up so im looking into fixing that (but dont wanna spend 30$s for a cleaner)

430649[/snapback]

Invoke System Restore and go back to a date/time before the problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/h...ew_03may19.mspx

my computer was running fine, was trasferring music from a cd to Itunes.  When it Suddenly restarted,  The issue is once it gets past the XP Home screen it restarts over and over (prompting to go into safe mde, system restore regular startup) the only option to break the cycle is safe mode..  Someone suggestry the registry is messed up so im looking into fixing that (but dont wanna spend 30$s for a cleaner)

430649[/snapback]

You have a worm. You need to either run an anti-virus package with the latest virus definitions to get rid of it or reformat your hard drive.

430649[/snapback]

Your machine could be rebooting for any number of reasons.

1. Go into safe mode.

2. Go to Start|Control Panel

3. Double click on the System icon

4. Click on the Advanced tab

5. In the Startup and Recovery section, click on the Settings button

6. In the System failure section, clear the checkbox next to automatically restart and close out this window.

7. Reboot your machine.

You should now get a blue screen of death with some error information. Get the top line of info (for example, it maybe IRQ_NOT_EQUAL.... etc.) and report back here with the info.