Programming Note

plenzmd1

Bills on 708 in your D* lineup. God, it looks good to have it it in the to do list. Now, get me more games in the 90's and I will be happier still

430555[/snapback]

Here I am, all set up with my HD connections, wide screen LCD, and it looks as if the only early season game to come in high def will be the Falcons game - which will be shown locally here in Atlanta, meaning NO HIGH DEF THROUGH MY SUNDAY TICKET. Ughhhh!

The only chance I have of seeing it in HD is to get an antenna that MIGHT pick it up.

With the huge sums of money generated through the NFL and the network broadcasts, it's hard to understand why they don't have the technology in place to transmit every friggin game in HD.

Here I am, all set up with my HD connections, wide screen LCD, and it looks as if the only early season game to come in high def will be the Falcons game - which will be shown locally here in Atlanta, meaning NO HIGH DEF THROUGH MY SUNDAY TICKET.  Ughhhh!

The only chance I have of seeing it in HD is to get an antenna that MIGHT pick it up.

With the huge sums of money generated through the NFL and the network broadcasts, it's hard to understand why they don't have the technology in place to transmit every friggin game in HD.

430568[/snapback]

There is a solution but it will cost you an extra $50.

Directv has the SUperfan package for $50 more. You get all the games in HD and a channel that shows 8 games on one screen. You also get a channel that will play all the plays from each game in 30 mins per game. It may be worth it with the HD available for you.

There is a solution but it will cost you an extra $50.

Directv has the SUperfan package for $50 more.  You get all the games in HD and a channel that shows 8 games on one screen.  You also get a channel that will play all the plays from each game in 30 mins per game.  It may be worth it with the HD available for you.

430626[/snapback]

Not quite right. Superfan will only show games that are broadcast in HD, and this game is not. However, without superfan, even if the game is braodcast in HD, you will not get it.

Only Bills game scheduled for HD in the first month is the Falcons game

Not quite right. Superfan will only show games that are broadcast in HD, and this game is not. However, without superfan, even if the game is braodcast in HD, you will not get it.

Only Bills game scheduled for HD in the first month is the Falcons game

430670[/snapback]

Exactly. I get the superfan package (of course), and would under normal circumstances get the Falcons game through this package in high def.....except for one little problem.....living in Atlanta, it'll be shown on the local Fox channel, rather than Directvs channel 700-something or 90-something for high def.

Our local Fox station is not yet picked up on satellite, only through over the air antennas. I may have to get an antenna. The DTV installers were supposed to install one, but they didn't think it would work, since I'm 25 miles from the towers, so they never bothered to install it.

I'm now being billed for it anyway. I need to make a phone call about that issue today.

Anyway - there's a lot of high def customers out there. I wish there were better options for picking up all games in HD. I'd be surprised if it's not the standard by next year.

Our local Fox station is not yet picked up on satellite, only through over the air antennas. I may have to get an antenna. The DTV installers were supposed to install one, but they didn't think it would work, since I'm 25 miles from the towers, so they never bothered to install it.

I'm now being billed for it anyway. I need to make a phone call about that issue today.

Best site to see if you can probably get HD via antenna is:

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx

I live over 20 miles from a tower, and I can get HD (or at least, did two years ago; havn't tested it yet, but will soon!)

CW