Official Around the League Cut Thread

d_wag

i'll start it off.......

wesley britt cut by the chargers........6'8" OT, 5th round pick back in april, was injured at the senior bowl which hurt his draft stock badly, hard run blocker who lacks great quickness.......i remember watching him with 'bama years ago and being very impressed.........could be a worthwhile project over the current garbage we have as backups i.e. jerman........

any idea if he's hurt again or is SD just trying to sneak him on the practice squad?

feel free to add your own potential roster additions to the thread.......

i'll start it off.......

wesley britt cut by the chargers........6'8" OT, 5th round pick back in april, was injured at the senior bowl which hurt his draft stock badly, hard run blocker who lacks great quickness.......i remember watching him with 'bama years ago and being very impressed.........could be a worthwhile project over the current garbage we have as backups i.e. jerman........

any idea if he's hurt again or is SD just trying to sneak him on the practice squad?

feel free to add your own potential roster additions to the thread.......

428369[/snapback]

Doesnt happen often, but I agree with you on Britt. I thought he actually had the potential to threaten to be drafted in the first or second rounds at one point last year before I heard about his injury problems. If he can actually play football this season, he is well worth the look.

Cowboys cut Kicker Nick Novak from University of Maryland

Kid was one the best kickers in the nation his senior year. Has a hell of a leg and personally I think he'd be a good replacement should Lindell stink of the field again this year.

Also cut from Dallas TE Sean Ryan from Boston College. Decent TE with pretty good hands. Wouldnt mind seeing him in Buffalo either should one of our TE's go down again. Plus he's from Western NY and mentioned wanted to play for Buffalo during a predraft interview in 2004?