"Education Of A Coach" book

Saw this on the Patriot Planet website, but the article was a quote from the cited ESPN site.

New Book - Halberstam's 'The Education Of A Coach' Preview By ESPN's Seth Wickersham

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/magazin...hive?id=2040361

Belichick's Revelations

Got an early copy of best-selling author David Halberstam's new book, "The Education of a Coach," a collaboration with Bill Belichick. I didn't read it cover-to-cover, but I read some the chapters from recent years and a few things stood out. 1. According to the book, Drew Bledsoe went to Belichick before the 2002 playoffs (for the 2001 season) and told him that "the team needed an experienced quarterback for the playoffs, that they could not win in the playoffs with a rookie quarterback."

2. After the Pats beat the Rams in the Super Bowl, Belichick told Ernie Adams, a college friend and football teammate of Belichick's at Wesleyan who remains a football sounding board for him", Can you believe we won the Super Bowl against the Rams with this team?"

3. Belichick thought the reason the Pats almost lost the Super Bowl to the Panthers in 2004 was because of his own bad coaching. "The truth is, I thought I did a crappy job," Belichick said. "I made a stupid mistake. I cut corners on how many defensive linemen I was going to carry, and I got caught doing it. ... Your players wear down. Especially the defensive linemen, they're the first to go."

Also, before that Super Bowl, he told Adams, "Can you believe we're here? We can't run the ball, we can't punt the ball, and we can't snap for the field goals."