"Bills look like last season's losers"

ch19079

first: no they dont. they played well, but giving up a 40 yard pass of 4th down is a MAJOR mistake. then the holding call on 3rd and 1 KILLED us. then we stoped blitzing and didnt bump there recievers at the line to disrupt there timing routes. 1st and goal from the 1 and we settle for a field goal... WTF!!! i know we cant run up the middle agenst there DTs. so why not toss it to the out side??? why didnt bledsoe pass to a wide open guy in the endzone insted of taking a sack???

why cant lindell make a 40 yard fieldgoal, when a rookie who SUCKED in training camp (i watched that show on the nfl network...) can make his kicks.

i about broke holes in my walls after that play....

but its not the end of the world. we shut down one of the best RBs in the game, for only 50 yards. and except for that 40 yard pass on 4th down, which was a jump ball :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: our secondary looked good. (i now know malloy is MUCH MUCH better than wire, i saw wire miss a few tackles and get beat in coverage a few times). Kelsey had a few pressures, and forced a few bad passes. our O-Line game bledsoe ALOT of time to pass, but are aliitle lacking in run blocking (mainly cus of the 2 probowl DTs. (the raiders also have good DTs. we need to figure out a way to get around them). i saw a a few screens <_<. and they were early in the game, to keep the blitzes down. i saw bledsoe see the blitz and get the ball to the hot reciever (he droped it, but it was still a good read...) we had 3 turnovers on defense. ;) , and we didnt throw an INT, just a backwards pass fumble, which i saw as just good defense on there part. few penalties, but the few we had, came at HORRABLE times.

so really we need to improve our kicking game, and not give up the big play on 4th down.

so its not the end of the world, and we are playing much better than last year. and its the first game of the year. so why the hell is everyone talking like its the end of the world???

The team had many, many months to find a better placekicker.  Did Lindell's performance of last year warrant an encore?  Me thinks not.

28568[/snapback]

True...but they gave Lindell a major league contract. If they cut him and signed some one else, it would have been a large cap hit (maybe Clumpy would know exactly how much)...and I don't think TD and Co. wanted to take on that much dead money for a kicker.

Does this make it better? No. But it explains why they weren't looking.

True...but they gave Lindell a major league contract. If they cut him and signed some one else, it would have been a large cap hit (maybe Clumpy would know exactly how much)...and I don't think TD and Co. wanted to take on that much dead money for a kicker.

Does this make it better? No. But it explains why they weren't looking.

28579[/snapback]

Good call.....didn't know he had a big contract. I thought Lindell was a marginal starter in Seattle. Not sure what the braintrust saw in him to bring him to the Bills.