Observation about the game yesterday.

There were many good things in yestersday game

1) Defense was stout for 58 minutes.

2) Drew getting rid of the ball quicker. Looked better than last year.

3) Good coaching decisions, most of the game. There were two plays that were maybe ill advised. The Drew sack when in the red zone and punting instead of going for the field goal. That qualifies as playing not to lose instead of playing to win. I would have kicked the field goal because the defense was playing well.

4) The OL played better than expected. There were too many breakdowns but generally better than I expected.

5) It's game #1, I think this game will show the players what is needed to take the next step to win a game.

6) Solid special teams coverage on kickoff's and punts.

All in all, this team is better than last year.

Bad things observed.

1) Way to many dropies and TO's in this game. We got lucky on a few plays other wise there would have been even more TO's

2) Penalties are still an issue. This team has got to stop taking stupid penalties. Villareal and Fletcher's penalty were especially bad.

3) The play calling needs to be a little more creative. A few misdirection plays would be nice. But that may not be called because of how weak to average the OL is.

4) I would like to see this OL keep some people out of the backfield more than they do. It seems like the defense is right there as the handoff occurs a few too many times for my comfort level.

Is Jacksonville that good of a defensive team? Maybe we are not giving J-Ville as much credit as they deserve.

All in all, the team will get better as the season rolls along.