What p*sses me off with Travis

As a pro bowl back, I'd expect Henry to rise above the learning curve.

They had 3 months of mini camps, 6 weeks of training camp, four preseason games, and it still took Travis more than a quarter of a season to learn his blocking assignments and pass routes?

How much practice does he need to keep from tripping over the line of scrimmage?

This is further evidence that Henry played himself out of the starting position.

384499[/snapback]

Wow...I had no idea you were a pro-bowl back!!! Cool.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis got thrown in to a new system in the first four games of this season when no one was producing. We had a entirely new staff and an entirely new system. Willis thrived in it, but had the benefit of not looking bad during the learning curve, against some mediocre competition in the remainder of the season and everything started clicking. What's to say Travis couldn't have done the same?

384491[/snapback]

If Travis had continued with the Bills, even if he had showed some desire to contribute on the field, I believe he was in jeopardy of being cut by the Bills. He showed nothing in training camp, nothing in pre-season, nothing in the regular season. I believe the reason is he has or had nothing left in the tank.

Now, because he essentially did nothing all last year, there might be some temporary resurgence in his game. But I think he's done for in the long run. He didn't have a step to lose. He's lost it and therefore any chance to be an effective back in the NFL.

Watch the Titans this season. We'll see who is right.

"I haven't gotten a chance to meet Chris Brown, but as far us co-existing, I think it'll be great. Everybody's just got to know their role," he said in the TV phone interview. "Whatever role the coaches give me or give him, it's a team sport first. I've been in a situation a couple of different times where there's more than one back on the team, and competition makes you better overall. I feel like if both we both understand that and the coaches let us know what both our roles are, then things should go good."