OT- Just had power restored last night..

buffalo mike

From the hurricaine. Left for Jacksonville with the computer. dog and boat. Cooped up in an apartment with dogs, bird and cats watching the weather channel

wondering if there was a home to come back to. Minimal home damage, and as a renter the owner drove down from North Carolina, brought a generator and is making all of the repairs- a class act. Nevertheless, being without electricity for an extended period of time is ungodly, with 96 degree weather, trying to put contacts in with a flashlight was fun. Can't wait to kick back and watch kickoff!!

From the hurricaine. Left for Jacksonville with the computer. dog and boat. Cooped up in an apartment with dogs, bird and cats watching the weather channel

wondering if there was a home to come back to. Minimal home damage, and as a renter the owner drove down from North Carolina, brought a generator and is making all of the repairs- a class act. Nevertheless, being without electricity for an extended period of time is ungodly, with 96 degree weather, trying to put contacts in with a flashlight was fun. Can't wait to kick back and watch kickoff!!

26350[/snapback]

Went through it last year after Isabelle, it was a brutal ten days. I have alot more appreciation for electricity and the linesman that restore it and I'd be willing to bet that now you do to.

Glad you're safe Mike. I was lucky and only lost power for maybe 14 hours total for Charley; even luckier for Frances with none lost. Although I was without cable/internet for 4-5 days each time.

Who would have thunk that we'd be hit with 3 hurricanes within a matter of 6 weeks? :( With Ivan heading this way, everyone will be in stock up mode again. Even this morning, there were lines to get gas. I had to go to three stations before I could get some (one station was totally out already).

Take care and stay safe!