How long has your family/ancestry been in Buffalo?

My great grandfather Charles Scibetta came to Fredonia in 1905 from Sicily. It is my understanding that he was somehow involved with Chautauqua brick Co. All the concrete foundation bricks used in the construction of the oldest houses in that area were allegedly made by old man Scibetta.

Interestingly, the immigration service misspelled his name, adding the "h" which is why anyone with the same spelling is likely related to me....

350366[/snapback]

My great grandfather and grandfather co-owned/owned Brown & Gugino Lumber on Orchard St. My grandfather got out of the business in late 70's early 80's. Chautauqua Brick now occupies the buildings where his hardware store and lumber yard were.

My great-great-great grandfather, Andreas Sommer purchased a farm in what is now Cheektowaga in 1848. It is my understanding that the family apparently sold some of the land so that the Buffalo Airport could be built

350180[/snapback]

That would make you the Prince of Cheektowaga!!

My great grandfather and grandfather co-owned/owned Brown & Gugino Lumber on Orchard St. My grandfather got out of the business in late 70's early 80's. Chautauqua Brick now occupies the buildings where his hardware store and lumber yard were.

350935[/snapback]

So you are from Fredonia, and now you too live in Richmond??? Cool...

So you are from Fredonia, and now you too live in Richmond??? Cool...

351069[/snapback]

I was born in Fredonia(Dunkirk) but only lived there 4 years. Moved to Hamburg for a year then Richmond. I'm sure our families knew each other being Sicilian and in such a small town.

What part of Richmond?