Sports Post - Johns Hopkins - Virginia Game

VA rallies from a 6-2 4th quarter deficit to go ahead 7-6 with 5:00 or so to go. JHU comes back to tie; Virginia then holds the last 3:00 and score with 12 seconds left. JHU wins the face off and ties it 8-8 with 1.4 seconds left.

Furious OT, back and forth, then Virginia gets a great shot but the goalie comes up big, JHU grabs the rebound races down, middie passes to the trailer who scores about 15 yards out.

If they can just get the camera angles right (too much of an overhead shot) then TV could really catapult the sport.

Max is talking about Lacrosse, BTW. :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2070783

I went to a few games at College Park ( Maryland ) back in my Navy days and loved the atmosphere. Byrd stadium would be packed. I did catch the 2nd half of yesterdays game and agreed it was one of the best sporting events I've viewed in months. Classic finish.

I am very dissappointed i won't be able to watch the championship game monday evening on ESPN. Really such a great and rapidly growing sport. If this years championship comes anywhere close to the entertainment value of last years, you will all see a heck of a sporting event.

it was amazing! especially after the JH midfielder bobbled the face off...i thought for sure they wouldnt have time after that.

what a sick left handed shot.

And the game winning OT goal, terrible D on UVA. The one defender didnt even step up and challenge the shot. Goalie was hung out to dry.