OLine/Unforced Error Review - All 22- Week 16 - Chicago

Bocephuz

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

OP, can you explain why the 2nd INT was not an unforced error?  Allen missed a wide open Cook and sailed the ball over his head to the LB.  Just because Allen blamed the wind doesn't mean it was not an error.

Agree with your assessment this week of Brown.  He was solid again.  

Saffold is regressing terribly in pass blocking.  He started the year ok but is now getting consistently beaten especially to his right side between the G-C gap and right into Allen's face.  At least that is what I am seeing though I have spent more time watching Brown than Saffold.

That 2nd pick was borderline for me. .. it appeared that Allen had a DT in his face when he delivered the throw to 26. It appeared he had to throw around the DTs hand to get it to 26 and that.. along with the wind carrying it... seemed to cause the pick. In other words.. it was somewhat of a forced error due to he DT being in his face. 

You could certainly argue it the other way as well.. that he could have made a different decision there. 

SAFFOLD - Good observation. Now that you mention it .. most of the time Saffold gets beat it is in the direction of the Center.. to the inside... which is right in Allen's face and immediately blows up Allen's spot. Thankfully Allen is athletic enough to escape those most of the time... most other QBs would be trapped.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.