Remeber Last year week2 Bills-Jags game???

NfLiCoNz80

If you guys dont remember, the bills won 38-17. I think that the Jags got worse this year too, they lost that corner fernando bryant to the lions, the cut there "huge" free agent acquisition of a few years ago in Hugh Douglas, they also cut long time Jag Tony Brackens. THey are probably alot worse but on the other hand ther QB Byron Leftwich is on the up-and-up so u never no. Plus Jimmy Smith is so old, and i havent seen Reggie Williams therer new wr do much this preseason(but neither did Lee) BUt im predicting bills winning easy, because i still think that the Jags tare worse off then last year.

OH YEah by the way if you want the box score from that game, here it is

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=230914030

What a difference a year makes particularly in the NFL so I wouldn't count on the results of last year's gane predicting much for this year's game (afterall the first game against the Pat last year did little to predict the outcome of the last game against the Pats last year.

I still think the Bills will win it, particularly since we are home. However, it will be a very different game facing Leftwich instead of Brunnell and given that Winfield really dominated that game with a couple of tackles for losses of Brady (who is injured and won't see action Sunday) and a tackle for a loss of Taylor is also long gone.

Drew had 314 yards of passing yardage in that game, and if we are to beat the Jaguars, we WILL have to pass. Not 314 yards, but we will need to score early, then run, run, and run some more, setting up the 15-25 yard passes sprinkled in here and there as the Jags put 8 in the box. If their defensive pressure comes up the middle, then our RB draws, screens, misdirections, passes into the flat, short outs, etc. should slow them up.

BILLS 23 JAGS 10

Drew had 314 yards of passing yardage in that game, and if we are to beat the Jaguars, we WILL have to pass. Not 314 yards, but we will need to score early, then run, run, and run some more, setting up the 15-25 yard passes sprinkled in here and there as the Jags put 8 in the box. If their defensive pressure comes up the middle, then our RB draws, screens, misdirections, passes into the flat, short outs, etc. should slow them up.

BILLS 23 JAGS 10

24310[/snapback]

You're right. I think Travis and Willis will have a tough time against their run D.

I remember the jags game. That was the game where we easily beat them, but small problems with the offense, like 3rd down play selection, penalties, and a soft pass d. at times lead me to believe that problems might arise later in the season. I do remember actually being pissed off over exectution in the 3rd and 4th quarter and having a foreshadow. Hopefully that won't happen for me agian.

I remember the jags game.  That was the game where we easily beat them, but small problems with the offense, like 3rd down play selection, penalties, and a soft pass d. at times lead me to believe that problems might arise later in the season.  I do remember actually being pissed off over exectution in the 3rd and 4th quarter and having a foreshadow.  Hopefully that won't happen for me agian.

24322[/snapback]

I must admit that my chief memory of that game is a bad one because clearly dominating their team in many facets of the game, GW/Ronnie Jones called for a Sammy Mprros fake punt run in our territory which turned the ball over to them on downs and led to a Jax TD.

The final score actually does not reflect our domination of this team last year, because some dodgy play calling by the Gametrust and poor execution by players of these "too-clever-by-half" efforts really tried to give it back to them. Even still we beat them handily on their turf.

you are right on Paper we should kill them, but the amazing thing is, this isn't tick tack toe and it's not played on paper. Jack del Rio is going to be a great coach in the NFL, BL is an impressive QB, where we can win is at pass rushing they have two par tackles and an average interior that can be overpowered, a heavy rotation should wear them out. Also Fred taylor isn't 100% (when was the last time he was) so it is possible to stop him behind a small line. Jimmy smith is a vet, he is crafty and reggie williams is a solid rookie* WR as well. Don't be too amazed to see McGahee play better against the jags than henry, their DL is solid in the middle and McGahee bounces outside better.

*for a rookie he'll play well over the year

Don't be too amazed to see McGahee play better against the jags than henry, their DL is solid in the middle and McGahee bounces outside better.

I don't think anyone has made this point, frogger. Worth pondering!

I still think that TH in the first half to wear 'em down, then bringing in WM in the second half to bounce around is a great every-game option.