Now that I've slept on it, are we...

I still can't reconcile yesterday's picks with the "smash mouth" style we've heard so much about last year.

Was all that "run, run, run" talk just a prop for Bledsoe? Is MM really going to open up the offense, now that we have a mobile JP at the helm? In other words, give JP a scheme he felt comfortable in, like when he was at Tulane?

This may be interesting. I just hope we don't take the similarity too far... since JP played behind a crappy O-line his whole career and was running for his life most of the time!

Let's see some OL reinforcements today!

I still can't reconcile yesterday's picks with the "smash mouth" style we've heard so much about last year. 

Was all that "run, run, run" talk just a prop for Bledsoe?  Is MM really going to open up the offense, now that we have a mobile JP at the helm?  In other words, give JP a scheme he felt comfortable in, like when he was at Tulane?

This may be interesting.  I just hope we don't take the similarity too far... since JP played behind a crappy O-line his whole career and was running for his life most of the time!

Let's see some OL reinforcements today!

315995[/snapback]

I agree, on my way home from my buddy's yesterday with my eyes glazed over watching 11 F--ing hours of Mel Kiper and Co. i had the same thought.

I think there was a significant portion of what the MM wanted to do on offense last year that he couldn't because of DB. The playbook will be tailored to fit JP and his skills and may have us with more four receiver sets than we ever saw last year. We were ranked pitifully in passing last year with two wide-outs that had GOOD (not great) years, which means we were surely lacking somewhere, and it wasn't necessarily all because of the O-line. With the playmakers on offense, and using mcgahee in play-action, i really hope we can see a Bills QB throw for 300 yards a bunch of times this year.

How I view our offense is how Mike Mularkey ran the offense in pittsburgh. 3 good wr's Plaxico/Ward/Randle El and now Moulds/Evans/Parrish. Parrish is our version now of Antwan Randle El. A great slot wr/punt returner, and now finally after almost a decade of waiting a potential impact player at the te position in Kevin Everett Someone who doesn't have cement shoes. We're gonna be a lot more balanced, with a lot of different options to run our offense. We won't be pigeon held to one specific style but be able to mix it up. I expect us to grab some good value oline today.