Scouting The Pittsburgh Steelers

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Plus potentially no Joe Haden. This could be a different Steelers Defense than earlier in the year. That doesn’t not make it a lesser unit, but does put into question how these absences could impact the schematic plan of the Bills O. 

No doubt, their front seven has taken a big hit. But they still have some horses. I think the will be one of those games Dabol tries to revitalize the RPO and screen game in an attempt to slow the pass rush, and take advantage of some players at the LB/CB positions who may not diagnose these plays as quickly.  

For sure, the Pittsburgh defense still has a lot of talent and veteran experience especially up front (TJ Watt is probably the DPOY this season and I believe Stephon Tuitt and Cam Heyward are criminally underrated). However, you could make a strong case that they could be missing three of their top six players from the start of the season (Watt, Dupree, Heyward, Bush, Haden, and Fitzpatrick) depending on Haden's availability. Add to that the losses of Spillane and Vince Williams and I think suddenly the middle of their defense is super vulnerable and our chances of being more balanced on offense, having success in the run game, and then getting chunk plays off of play-action are significantly better.

Double Watt all game and play all sorts of RPO/screen/jet motion mind games with their remaining LBs as you said to test their eyes and discipline. If Haden does miss this game, then I'm really confident in our WR match ups as well (I'd guess Diggs against Nelson, Davis against Sutton, and Beasley against Hilton). 

• Awesome! (+1) 1