OT- Coaching sports

diver

Young girls shouldn't be playing soccer anyway.  They should be learning the skills they will need to be good wives and mothers with their free time.  Cooking, sewing, gardening, skills in raising children. 

299760[/snapback]

Too much sarcasm or too much doobie?

I'm dead serious.

If young girls spent more time preparing for married life we wouldn't have such a high divorce rate in this country. A young couple should be trained, tested and certified before being allowed to get married. And they DEFINATELY should be trained, tested and certified before being allowed to have their own children.

Go to Amazon.com and look up the book >>

Sibling Society

by Robert Bly

The guy makes a lot of valid points regarding children and parents.

I'm dead serious. 

If young girls spent more time preparing for married life we wouldn't have such a high divorce rate in this country.  A young couple should be trained, tested and certified before being allowed to get married.  And they DEFINATELY should be trained, tested and certified before being allowed to have their own children.

Sibling Society

by Robert Bly

299934[/snapback]

It's one thing to say girls (and guys) should learn to be good parents, but to not allow them to play sports as kids is crazy. Shouldn't guys not play sports too, so they can be inside training to run a business someday to support their families?

F-ing Soccer Moms ~ Bless Your Heart!

299760[/snapback]

That statement says it all right there. I coached youth Football and Baseball for years, and never really had any problems with the parents. One year my kids wanted to try soccer, because some of their friends were playing it. Thank God they hated it and went back to Football. I've got to say, soccer parents are the worst complainers on earth. Most of them don't know squat about sports either. Of course, I shouldn't have been surprised by this, because soccer isn't really a sport anyway. Just ask George Carlin.

DON'T put words in my mouth !

I didn't say SPORTS.  Find where I said SPORTS! 

I said soccer.  Soccer is bad enough as a "sport" but the Soccer Parents are the absolute worst !

300018[/snapback]

I was agreeing with you.

Kevbeau....I believe the US just broke into the top 10 in the World FIFA rankings...but I think there is a long way to go before a world cup win in the future. But you never know, who would have predicted Greece to win the European Championships. If the cards are played right...it could happen.

As for some of the other posts....Soccer is a game that you need to play from a young age and play alot since it takes alot of SKILL. It's not like football, where you can take an 18 year old basketball player and convert him to tight-end.

That statement says it all right there. I coached youth Football and Baseball for years, and never really had any problems with the parents. One year my kids wanted to try soccer, because some of their friends were playing it. Thank God they hated it and went back to Football. I've got to say, soccer parents are the worst complainers on earth. Most of them don't know squat about sports either. Of course, I shouldn't have been surprised by this, because soccer isn't really a sport anyway. Just ask George Carlin.

300000[/snapback]

You've got that right !

Well those who complain about off-topic posts unfortunately seem to miss topics like this. Nice to see a coach getting "talked down from the ledge" by those who support what he did as good coaching....

Sorry I don't have much else more to add than that, but I've enjoyed this thread...

I'm dead serious. 

If young girls spent more time preparing for married life we wouldn't have such a high divorce rate in this country.  A young couple should be trained, tested and certified before being allowed to get married.  And they DEFINATELY should be trained, tested and certified before being allowed to have their own children.

Sibling Society

by Robert Bly

299934[/snapback]

Sounds like an excellent 18th century approach to raising girls.

Then again, I never was into banging drums in the woods with guys and crying for daddy.