If you are bored....turn on the Baseball hearings

Not to turn this into something from the PPP board, but I'm glad that EVERY problem in our country has been solved and Congress has nothing better to do than worry about baseball. I'll sleep better tonight knowing that we have such dilligent legislators.

"So are you trying to say to kids its 6 strikes and your out?" LMAO

"No Im talking to Selig thank you" LOL

278784[/snapback]

And then the one old guy was swearing. He was getting pissed. This is freaking hilarious! LOL :w00t:

Not to turn this into something from the PPP board, but I'm glad that EVERY problem in our country has been solved and Congress has nothing better to do than worry about baseball.  I'll sleep better tonight knowing that we have such dilligent legislators.

278785[/snapback]

Sorry but these men were blessed at birth and have decided to cheat because their hearts desired more $$$$. How can you respect somebody like that when their hypocrisy puts kids lives at stake??? :doh:

Why do you defend them?

The only way I can imagine the MLB crew looking any worse would be to imagine Tagliabue and the corresponding NFL folks in their place. MLB should be embarrassed beyond belief that their organization is being made to look incompetent across the board. Selig seems like a nice enough guy, but wow......this committee is exposing them as a joke. If there was any lingering doubt as to whether football had taken over as America's pastime, these hearings not only removed that doubt, they obliterated it.

The only way I can imagine the MLB crew looking any worse would be to imagine Tagliabue and the corresponding NFL folks in their place. MLB should be embarrassed beyond belief that their organization is being made to look incompetent across the board. Selig seems like a nice enough guy, but wow......this committee is exposing them as a joke. If there was any lingering doubt as to whether football had taken over as America's pastime, these hearings not only removed that doubt, they obliterated it.

278849[/snapback]

I totally agree! Great post!

Sorry but these men were blessed at birth and have decided to cheat because their hearts desired more $$$$.  How can you respect somebody like that when their hypocrisy puts kids lives at stake???    :doh:

Why do you defend them?

278840[/snapback]

I don't defend them nor respect them. Just think there're more important things for Congress to be doing than looking into this at this point and time. I won't bother with the laundry list, but suffice to say it's lengthy.

The only way I can imagine the MLB crew looking any worse would be to imagine Tagliabue and the corresponding NFL folks in their place.

What do you mean by this???????

Congressman: Mark McGuire, what did you have for breakfast this morning?

McGuire: I can't comment on the past. I can only say positive things about the future. Tomorrow morning I'll be having corn flakes.

Congressman: Mark, is baseball doing enough to stop steroid use?

McGuire: I'm retired, so I can't comment on that.

Congressman: Sammy Sosa, are players who take steroids cheaters?

Sosa: Yes, I never took steroids and am not a cheater except for corking a few bats.

Congressman:  Mark McGuire, what did you have for breakfast this morning?

McGuire:  I can't comment on the past.  I can only say positive things about the future.  Tomorrow morning I'll be having corn flakes.

Congressman:  Mark, is baseball doing enough to stop steroid use?

McGuire:  I'm retired, so I can't comment on that. 

Congressman:  Sammy Sosa, are players who take steroids cheaters?

Sosa:  Yes,  I never took steroids and am not a cheater except for corking a few bats.

278944[/snapback]

:doh::unsure: That basically sums it up.

I didn't watch any of it and don't plan on watching it.  Major league baseball sucks.  I'd much rather watch a minor league game than watch that stuff.

279087[/snapback]

i hate to say it, but I agree with you. (not to say I hate agrreing with you Rich, but....nevermind) but seriously, why don't they just have Yankees/Sox games only. a whole abbreviated season, let's say 20 games with just these two teams playing. AND, let them roid it out. who cares?

after all, the day I need Congress protecting my kids from following a ball player's habits, that's the day I should have my kids taken away from me.

What do you mean by this???????

278942[/snapback]

If Brad Pitt comes up and sits next to you, do you automatically become more attractive or less attractive?

i hate to say it, but I agree with you. (not to say I hate agrreing with you Rich, but....nevermind) but seriously, why don't they just have Yankees/Sox games only. a whole abbreviated season, let's say 20 games with just these two teams playing. AND, let them roid it out. who cares?

279152[/snapback]

That's the plan, I'm sure.

...after all, the day I need Congress protecting my kids from following a ball player's habits, that's the day I should have my kids taken away from me.

279152[/snapback]

Ooh. I'm telling Congress. You're gonna get it!