Italien Soccer Camp

hahahaha. Always love how they scream and wince in pain then bouce right up after a penalty is called.

Sometimes in World Cup Soccer they get carried off on a stretcher, just to bounce back on the field two minutes later like nothing ever happened. I think it's an insult to the guys carrying the stretcher.

I'm glad you liked the clip ~

I could probably count on my hands how many times I've seen guys carried off the field in a stretcher in between all the NFL, NHL, MLB, college and high school sports I've watched...it's funny how often it happens in soccer though, especially when the guy makes the miraculous recovery to come back into the game.

You know, if they practiced running through the contact instead of going down, I bet they would score a lot more goals.

Anyone know if MLS is this bad with fouls? Or is the American brand of soccer more physical?

Understanding the game would help...

...the stretchers were used to get players off the field to insure there are not unnecessary lengthy stoppages (but I guess as NFL fans, we're use to that). Soccer wanted to keep the action moving, so if your hurt, for real, or for fake, a stretcher would come out and move you off the field. You would not be able to get back on the field until the next stoppage in play.

The intent was to either get fakers to get up when they saw the stretcher coming or move them off the field and have their team suffer and play 1 man short.