Recent Super Bowl Teams

I don't quite understand the idea that we must be dominant in the passing game to get to the super bowl. Carolina, the last Denver team, Seattle...and so on have all been in the super bowl lately with run first offenses and dominant defenses. That's the mold of this team. San Fran was the same way a few years ago too and all their QBs did was run and not turn the ball over. Someone help me understand why we need a QB that throws for 300 yards a game? The league may have more passing teams in it but that doesn't mean run first/defensive teams can't win. They've done it throughout history and continue to do it now. Denver did it with a QB that was one hit away from breaking his neck and could barely throw the ball with any velocity. Why must we replace Tyrod? I have yet to hear a good answer to this.

I don't quite understand the idea that we must be dominant in the passing game to get to the super bowl. Carolina, the last Denver team, Seattle...and so on have all been in the super bowl lately with run first offenses and dominant defenses. That's the mold of this team. San Fran was the same way a few years ago too and all their QBs did was run and not turn the ball over. Someone help me understand why we need a QB that throws for 300 yards a game? The league may have more passing teams in it but that doesn't mean run first/defensive teams can't win. They've done it throughout history and continue to do it now. Denver did it with a QB that was one hit away from breaking his neck and could barely throw the ball with any velocity. Why must we replace Tyrod? I have yet to hear a good answer to this.

Because winning by doing anything other than throwing for 300 yards is unsustainable apparently.