Camp Practice Notes 8-13

Kind of mentioned in the article, but it seemed like they didn't know where to put the WRs. Albeit the first practice with JM, when Sammy was still here (RIP) everyone had their set position and role from the way practice looked.

Don't want to start any conspiracies, but I really feel like the GM made this move and then told the coaching staff - it just does not make sense the way practices were being organized up until this point. Sammy was the focal point of the passing game for over a month now. With just under a month until season kicks off, the passing game (a pretty darn important piece of this game) is reinventing itself. Oh well.

I believe there is zero chance (zip, none) Beane makes a move without consulting with McD and coaching staff. That would be ludicrous and does not reflect the dynamic that obviously exists between coach, GM and owner. I'd go so far as to suggest that McB was the catalyst of the trades and was on the table since he first arrived. We shouldn't be surprised there are a few similar deals on the table.

Of course the first practice will be different, especially since Mathews doesn't know the offense. Let's see what happens on Thursday before making sweeping observations.