Hakim Warrick

OnTheRocks

Warrick was a 1st team pre-season all american. my question to you SU Hoops fans is do you think he will be a first team All American after the season? He has finished strong the last two games but seems to have been a little inconsistant through the season. Is there anyone else you know who would be more deserving?

Yes. Like I have mentioned I have probably watched at least half the games. Hakkim has really been a man amongst boys. If he adds 25 punds and can still keep the same athleticism in the NBA he will dominate there as well. He can get pushed around a little but other then a couple of games this year he really has dominated on the court in almost every aspect. He will need to add a little outside jumper to his game until he picks up some weight and learns to play with the weight.

He was a bit disapointing in the big games vs. Uconn & Pitt, but there's nobody else in the country better at the PF position. 

And that dunk against ND was just filthy.  "Bring your lunch".

255422[/snapback]

While his weekly dunking highlight is fuggin bad, I can't say that he is a better PF than Simien. Wayne is more complete and polished player, as well as a far better NBA prospect, IMO. Warrick could change that if he decided to locate Cuse's weightroom and use it.

I would leave it between Warrick and May to battle for #2 PF. May would be clearly ahead if he didnt play like a girl. The body he has and fades away constantly.

While his weekly dunking highlight is fuggin bad, I can't say that he is a better PF than Simien. Wayne is more complete and polished player, as well as a far better NBA prospect, IMO. Warrick could change that if he decided to locate Cuse's weightroom and use it.

I would leave it between Warrick and May to battle for #2 PF. May would be clearly ahead if he didnt play like a girl. The body he has and fades away constantly.

255481[/snapback]

While the NBA prospect comparison is debatable, it means nothing to the All-American discussion. You're right Simien is an excellent player; but I was thinking both him and May are sort of a F/C; not really true PF's.

KU and SU have both done a bad job of getting the ball to those guys in key situations in some of their tight losses. They are the best players on their respective teams by far.