OT - An idea about SB rings for Bills fans...

1FastEddie1

I was just reading various threads which touched upon the topic of SB rings vs. $$$...

And I was thinking how fantastic it would be for Bills fans to be able to buy an official commemorative SB ring when the Bills win (no predications, at this point). It would be similiar to/inspired by the real thing the players receive, but by no means an exact replica, (though I'm sure people would still try and sell it on eBay as the genuine article. It's not going to be a $10,000 piece of jewellery, obviously. Maybe $500 and numbered... (I don't know if the players would object, or not to the idea, but it could be a great moneymaker for the club).

This is surely not an original idea, but you can imagine how cool it would be (would have been) for SB winning Bills fans to be sporting an official big bad ass SB ring instead of just a cap or a t-shirt. Fans would wear the ring proudly and you would easily spot other fans wearing one right away. And of course, those fans of a certain build might elicit the occassional awed inquiry: "Excuse me, Sir. Did you play in the Super Bowl?" And of course the answer would invariably be: "Yes. Yes, son I did. And that was the year we ended the Pats' so-called dynasty."

There's probably stuff like this out already, but after a Bills SB win I imagine that there would a huge number of fans who would buy an official Bills Fan SB ring if they could afford it. I'm sure the team would sell thousands... and then the knockoffs would start appearing...

But those fans with the "real" ones would always know and be filled with pride. And the rings would become treasured family heirlooms that get passed down from generation to generation... And some would even get used as engagement or wedding rings...

Better than just a commemorative coin or a pennant, wouldn't you agree?