mozilla firefox question

geggytah

i FINALLY decided to get away from IE and switched to firefox. i successfully imported my favorites list from IE and installed a bunch of very useful extensions. one question though: to what directory are the bookmarks saved? the favorites for IE are saved under the documents and setting folder, but i can't seem to locate the folder that contains any new bookmarks that i make with mozilla. answers?

i FINALLY decided to get away from IE and switched to firefox.  i successfully imported my favorites list from IE and installed a bunch of very useful extensions.  one question though:  to what directory are the bookmarks saved?  the favorites for IE are saved under the documents and setting folder, but i can't seem to locate the folder that contains any new bookmarks that i make with mozilla.  answers?

223333[/snapback]

Bookmarks=>Imported IE favorites=>Links

and the links folder is where?

223338[/snapback]

On mine it's the third one down from the top after "channels" and "media"

no no no...i mean where is it located on my hard drive? i know i can find them in my bookmark list, but if i want to copy and paste them all onto another computer i have to be able to open the folder that they exist in. right?

I didn't know links were this damn complicated lol

If you go under your start menu, go under "find", then click "files or folers"........type mozilla in the search box and that should tell you where it is on the hard drive.

been there done that...thus why i had to break down and risk posting an (OT) post and oops! looks like i forgot to put (OT) on my topic.

any other suggestions?  this is annoying to me...and probably you!

223353[/snapback]

Not annoying, but that's the extent of my computer knowledge.......sorry lol

i FINALLY decided to get away from IE and switched to firefox.  i successfully imported my favorites list from IE and installed a bunch of very useful extensions.  one question though:  to what directory are the bookmarks saved?  the favorites for IE are saved under the documents and setting folder, but i can't seem to locate the folder that contains any new bookmarks that i make with mozilla.  answers?

223333[/snapback]

Mine is under:

C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.hev