We Only Repeat History

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
It Can't Happen "Here"  ?

http://www.nationalreview.com/murdock/murd...00501280951.asp

223101[/snapback]

The United States of America didn't have extremist radicals controlling Mexico or Canada, waiting to pounce on our government... our government PROVIDED the voters protection against the KKK and the like! The Iraqis have de facto protection; an army that is only getting off the ground...

If the feds didn't protect the black vote and left it up to the states to protect them alone, would it have happened fairly?

NO.

Was there a danger to the federal government of the USA if we DID?

NO.

HUGE difference. We can't guarantee their freedom if we leave... so we are chained to Iraq until either they produce an army that can EFFECTIVELY protect their people, or collapse to a revolution.

"HUGE difference. We can't guarantee their freedom if we leave... so we are chained to Iraq until either they produce an army that can EFFECTIVELY protect their people, or collapse to a revolution."

I guess you missed the point - only the faces and names ever change

(and sometimes the weapons)

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
"HUGE difference. We can't guarantee their freedom if we leave... so we are chained to Iraq until either they produce an army that can EFFECTIVELY protect their people, or collapse to a revolution."

I guess you missed the point - only the faces and names ever change

(and sometimes the weapons)

223164[/snapback]

I get the point, but mine was that there was ZERO outside pressure in the Civil Rights situation... hence, the parallel is weak... It was an internal matter only...