(OT) Computers - IE

TSNBDSC

... so my wife calls me from SC and tells me when she gets on the internet ( IE, XP ) that the web pages view is "magnified" ( like she's using a "zoom in" option ) with big letters, etc. ... desktop icons are normal size ... HELP ! ... thanks, tom ...

... so my wife calls me from SC and tells me when she gets on the internet ( IE, XP ) that the web pages view is "magnified" ( like she's using a "zoom in" option ) with big letters, etc. ... desktop icons are normal size ... HELP ! ... thanks, tom ...

215361[/snapback]

One of these days people will listen to me...

Go to http://www.mozilla.org

Download either mozilla or firefox.

Watch your problems disappear.

CW

Sounds like maybe Windows Maginfier might be on. This is located in Accessibility Options in Accessories on the All Programs list.

If this is not what is causing the problems then it coild be Video Driver related in which the screen resolution was set too low such as 640 x 480. She could try raising the screen resolution to say 1024 x 768 to see if that helps.

:devil:

... i agree ... but she feels comfortable with IE while I'm up here in Buffalo ...

215368[/snapback]

Yeah, but the browsers work the same way; she won't really see any difference, except that the buttons look a little different.

CW

Sounds like maybe Windows Maginfier might be on.  This is located in Accessibility Options in Accessories on the All Programs list.

If this is not what is causing the problems then it coild be Video Driver related in which the screen resolution was set too low such as 640 x 480.  She could try raising the screen resolution to say 1024 x 768 to see if that helps.

:devil:

215364[/snapback]

... will try ! ... she's off visiting her daughter till 8 tonight now though ... we'll give it a shot then ! ... tom