(OT) Intuit Quicken - dropping support for '01 '02

Fezmid

I use Quicken 2002 Deluxe to manage my personal finances. Well, as of April 19th, they're going to discontinue support of the product. Normally, that's fine; however, they're not just stopping tech support calls, they're also cancelling the ability to import data from the web! The only reason anyone can figure is to try and extort more money from the banks. And here I thought Microsoft was bad...

To make matters even better, they've discontinued support for QIF files in Quicken 2005. Thanks, guys...

Anyway, just wondering if this will affect anyone else? Anyone else use MS Money, MoneyDance, or any other personal finance software? I'm at a loss as to what to do at this point, and am looking for recomendations.

Here's the Intuit spin:

http://www.intuit.com/support/quicken/sunset/main_faq.html

CW

I use Quicken 2000 for Mac, but I honestly don't use the online stuff. My recommendation: Do not EVER use anything from Microsoft to manage anything remotely critical to your life or finances!

I use Quicken 2000 for Mac, but I honestly don't use the online stuff. My recommendation: Do not EVER use anything from Microsoft to manage anything remotely critical to your life or finances!

207723[/snapback]

Yeah, I know I probably won't go to Money... But Intuit is really pissing me off with this change. It's not listed in their documentation or EULA at all, so I don't understand how they can just shut off functionality for a peice of software that was released less than 3 years ago.

I use the online functionality a *ton* to download credit card, checking account, Paypal, etc transactions into Quicken. I'll need to examine if any of my current banks use only QIF files, because if they do -- I can't download the info into Quicken anymore... Unless I buy Quicken 2004 instead, but hten that will be end-of-lifed in a year or two as well. *sigh*

CW