Bored at work so I surf

Mediaman

I have discovered a website that showed the beheading of a Nepalese (sp) hostage in Iraq. Much like a car accident, I had to stop and look. I really regret it now.

I'm not very political, and for me the jury is still out on Iraq, but when I see what these people are capable there it makes you wonder how we can all be part of the same species.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

You should have seen what Stalin and Hitler did in Poland, and Pol Pot did in Cambodia, and the Dutch did in Africa then... it makes you wonder, that's for sure.

Some people are just inherently evil. :devil:

You should have seen what Stalin and Hitler did in Poland, and Pol Pot did in Cambodia, and the Dutch did in Africa then... it makes you wonder, that's for sure.

Some people are just inherently evil.  :devil:

15711[/snapback]

Of course, I coudn't agree more. Violence in general is apalling. Especially when I see young children hurt or killed it makes my blood boil. I have two small children and love them more then anything. Everytime I hear or read about a child murdered a little peace of me dies as well. Sounds corny, I know, but I couldn't be more truthful. :)

Some people are just inherently evil.  :)

15711[/snapback]

Oh come on now. If we were more "sensitive", they wouldn't be evil. :devil:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Oh come on now.  If we were more "sensitive", they wouldn't be evil.  :devil:

15726[/snapback]

Sensitivity is a word that is used when you talk about earthquakes, or relationships, or meter deflections, or ways in dealing with other races and religions under normal circumstances... it's a word I'd NEVER use when it comes to the subject of world politics. It doesn't apply.

Sensitivity is a word that is used when you talk about earthquakes, or relationships, or meter deflections, or ways in dealing with other races and religions under normal circumstances... it's a word I'd NEVER use when it comes to the subject of world politics. It doesn't apply.

15740[/snapback]

Well Kerry seems to disagree with you.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Of course, I coudn't agree more.  Violence in general is apalling.  Especially when I see young children hurt or killed it makes my blood boil.  I have two small children and love them more then anything.  Everytime I hear or read about a child murdered a little peace of me dies as well.  Sounds corny, I know, but I couldn't be more truthful. :devil:

15722[/snapback]

It happens everywhere too.. we just hear about it a hell of a lot more these days due to unprecedented communications. My son means everything to me, and I know where you are coming from.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

15746[/snapback]

I don't care what Kerry thinks. By the way, here is some sensitivity training!!!

You left out these poignant quotes by the liberal lemming, John Stuart Mill.

Lemming indeed.

A party of order or stability, and a party of progress or reform, are both necessary elements of a healthy state of political life.

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that.

I am not aware that any community has a right to force another to be civilized.

Popular opinions, on subjects not palpable to sense, are often true, but seldom or never the whole truth.

The disease which inflicts bureaucracy and what they usually die from is routine.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still.

We have a right, also, in various ways, to act upon our unfavorable opinion of anyone, not to the oppression of his individuality, but in the exercise of ours.

Enjoy, all :devil:

It happens everywhere too.. we just hear about it a hell of a lot more these days due to unprecedented communications. My son means everything to me, and I know where you are coming from.

15748[/snapback]

What makes me even more pissed off is when you hear of negligent homicide cases. Like when someone leaves their kids in the car and they die due to heat. How FUGGEN stupid do you have to be leave your kids in a car when you go shopping or work.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
What makes me even more pissed off is when you hear of negligent homicide cases.  Like when someone leaves their kids in the car and they die due to heat.  How FUGGEN stupid do you have to be leave your kids in a car when you go shopping or work.

15768[/snapback]

That happened when I was in VA... a woman on base left her son in the car for almost the ENTIRE DAY cause she didn't have anyone to watch him, and he died in the CAR. I was working base security at the time, and I am SO GLAD I was at the gate and I didn't take that call. I would have been PISSED beyond pissed.

It makes me sad to think of that.

15746[/snapback]

As does Bush:

“Now, in terms of the balance between running down intelligence and bringing people to justice obviously is -- we need to be very sensitive on that.” [bush Delivers Remarks at the Unity, Journalists of Color Conference, 8/6/04]

EDITED to add this following one (how could I miss a part of the "mission accomplished speech"?)

Bush: “We help fulfill that promise not by lecturing the world, but by leading it. Precisely because America is powerful, we must be sensitive about expressing our power and influence..."

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
As does Bush:

“Now, in terms of the balance between running down intelligence and bringing people to justice obviously is -- we need to be very sensitive on that.” [bush Delivers Remarks at the Unity, Journalists of Color Conference, 8/6/04]

EDITED to add this following one (how could I miss a part of the "mission accomplished speech"?)

Bush: “We help fulfill that promise not by lecturing the world, but by leading it. Precisely because America is powerful, we must be sensitive about expressing our power and influence..."

15787[/snapback]

No offense, but I prefer the John Stuart Mill quotes. Fight fire with fire, I say! :wacko:

Not sensitive enough, I guess. :w00t:

15746[/snapback]

VA how can people take you seriously when you criticize others for parroting smears when you KNOW that Bush and Cheney said the EXACT same thing?

The board has corrected this smear many times yet I guess if you repeat something enough . . .

VA how can people take you seriously when you criticize others for parroting smears when you KNOW that Bush and Cheney said the EXACT same thing?

The board has corrected this smear many times yet I guess if you repeat something enough . . .

16514[/snapback]

It was sarcasm. I guess that seems to be a difficult concept for a lot of posters around here.

It was sarcasm.  I guess that seems to be a difficult concept for a lot of posters around here.

16529[/snapback]

Oh, yeah, sarcasm. Ha, ha. Hil-lar-e-us. Guess ya got to be dumber then the Prez to miss that . . .