OT: I want to congratulate Rick Ankiel

BF_in_Indiana

I know I'm a Cardinals fan and all, but what Rick Ankiel has gone through and his perserverence to come through it to get back to the Major Leagues is spectacular.  I just wanted to congratulate him!!!!

15371[/snapback]

I think this may be the equivalent of a tree falling in the forrest when nobody is around :blink:

Seriously, how is he doing? I havent followed him since he was putting every other ball into the netting behind home plate :P

He has been in the minors and had a bunch of elbow problems.  He just got added to the major league club.

15384[/snapback]

Its possible they may add him to playoff roster and use him in relief said Larussa , that really would be great, really excellent if this young man can come back and have some success

I've watched him twice. Once as a "kid" working his way up the first time with the Johnson City Cardinals in the Appalachian League. Then I watched him rehabilitate a second time with Johnson City. I'm a big fan of the Appalachian League. You can sit up close, talk to the scouts and get a good view of the youngsters. It was obvious Ankiel was one of those very few who would make it. Let's hope this time he does. Then I want him to go FA and sign with my Yankees :devil: Hehehe ....