Podcasts - Who Loves 'Em?

ajzepp

So what are the best sports podcasts to listen to? I like to listen to JT the Brick - if there's a sport, he will cover it and he's pretty hardcore. I like to listen to this kind of stuff while working all day, theres not enough in the WGR audio vault to fill my day, plus Schopp and the Bulldog are just hard to listen to now. I need something more to fill my head with.

Two people I know actually do their own podcast and they only upload it once a week and its usually about an hour long.

http://www.brokenlinkradio.com/

My favorites as of now are: Ross Tucker Football Podcast, Colin Cowherd (it's sort of like a "best of" from each day's show), Dan Patrick, Mike Florio, and of course John Murphy. I have a few others I've subscribed to but haven't spent much time with yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorites as of now are: Ross Tucker Football Podcast, Colin Cowherd (it's sort of like a "best of" from each day's show), Dan Patrick, Mike Florio, and of course John Murphy. I have a few others I've subscribed to but haven't spent much time with yet.

Jay Mohr sports is getting better. He's finding his way. The Canadian guys are good; Fan 590 stuff- Bob McCown is great. Brady and Lang. If you like golf talk, Ian Leggett is good.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, gang. I know I plugged this months ago and some asked for a link next time we did an episode, and I forgot to loop you in. We did a quick, no frills episode last week before the Vikings game. I had some issues getting it on Soundcloud, so the episode itself has been less portable than I would prefer. Podbean is the service we use to feed it into iTunes (I encourage to subscribe!), but you can access and stream the ep from here. GO BILLS:

http://billsandbeers.podbean.com/

Have you checked out Slate's Hang Up and Listen? Nice sports podcast with Stefan Fatsis (who wrote a book about trying out for the Broncos in camp as a kicker), NPR's Mike Pesca and another dude hosting, who is pretty entertaining. They also feature this classic sportswriting vault segment with a guy from Deadspin. Latest episode had an interview with the director of United States of Football. Pretty much everything is fair game and it isn't as buttoned up as some of the NPR stuff has to be.

Have you checked out Slate's Hang Up and Listen? Nice sports podcast with Stefan Fatsis (who wrote a book about trying out for the Broncos in camp as a kicker), NPR's Mike Pesca and another dude hosting, who is pretty entertaining. They also feature this classic sportswriting vault segment with a guy from Deadspin. Latest episode had an interview with the director of United States of Football. Pretty much everything is fair game and it isn't as buttoned up as some of the NPR stuff has to be.

I have a Slate something or other in my download list, but I think it's movie reviews or something...I'll have to check out the one you're referring to...I've sort of settled in on only a few that I listen to regularly now, so I have room for more.

the one reality cast I listen to, "Rob has a website"/Rob has a podcast", has been doing reviews of the breaking bad episodes, so that has been a lot of fun, too.

I hope these guys are making money on these efforts...I know Ross Tucker and Steve Austin now have a listener base all over the world...they both get emails and calls from people all over the place, so clearly at least some of these are taking off. Hopefully they are generating enough revenue to keep this form of entertainment viable...I'd really be lost without these things now. I dont' even care if I get stuck in traffic anymore, and that's saying a LOT...I typically have zero tolerance for Atlanta traffic...these are a life saver

I have a Slate something or other in my download list, but I think it's movie reviews or something...I'll have to check out the one you're referring to...I've sort of settled in on only a few that I listen to regularly now, so I have room for more.

the one reality cast I listen to, "Rob has a website"/Rob has a podcast", has been doing reviews of the breaking bad episodes, so that has been a lot of fun, too.

I hope these guys are making money on these efforts...I know Ross Tucker and Steve Austin now have a listener base all over the world...they both get emails and calls from people all over the place, so clearly at least some of these are taking off. Hopefully they are generating enough revenue to keep this form of entertainment viable...I'd really be lost without these things now. I dont' even care if I get stuck in traffic anymore, and that's saying a LOT...I typically have zero tolerance for Atlanta traffic...these are a life saver

Yeah. Do yourself a favor and check out 99% Invisible, also. It rules. Nothing to do with sports but really well made.

Yeah. Do yourself a favor and check out 99% Invisible, also. It rules. Nothing to do with sports but really well made.

Will do, thanks!

Sorry, gang. I know I plugged this months ago and some asked for a link next time we did an episode, and I forgot to loop you in. We did a quick, no frills episode last week before the Vikings game. I had some issues getting it on Soundcloud, so the episode itself has been less portable than I would prefer. Podbean is the service we use to feed it into iTunes (I encourage to subscribe!), but you can access and stream the ep from here. GO BILLS:

http://billsandbeers.podbean.com/

I just subscribed...........So, whose the cutie in the tailgating picture?

Do you have an about tab or anything? Is there a cast of characters or is it just you?

billsandbeers.com ---remapping the domain now, in the meantime: https://www.facebook.com/billsandbeers/info

I directed you peeps to the podbean site because this was specifically about podcasts.

we pump everything else through facebook, it's our web portal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...