What do Super Bowl teams draft?

Dibs

it's interesting but some of this is where is the team sitting years prior....do they need a DE or not- they draft where they are short just like everyone else....

I covered this in the previous post. It all comes down to averages.

As I said previously......

"For example, the DB positions. Overall, the SB Teams selected them in the 1st round at the same rate as the entire league. This means that their need for improvement at those positions(on average) was the same as every other team. The numbers showed that when the SB teams had a top 10/15 pick, they chose DB at a much lesser rate than the norm. We know that they needed a DB at the same average rate(as just mentioned).....but would rarely use their top picks on them."

As it turned out, all three groups were pretty much in line with each other in terms of positional percentages when looked at over the entire 1st round. (The only striking number was the Average Teams selecting far more LBs over the SB & Dumbass Teams).

This suggests that "on average" they had the same basic team needs as every other team.....that even though some were set at DE(for example), there was a relatively equal amount of natural attrition and need for improvement that they(as a group) selected a similar amount(percentage wise) to the league norm in the 1st round.

Edit: All that being said.....it is obvious that the point you make will likely effect the numbers regarding QBs. One would expect the SB Teams' QB numbers to be lower.....and they were a bit lower. The DE numbers were also slightly lower.....which means that there might well have been a higher percent of SB Teams who had become "set" at the DE position prior to 6 seasons before their SB appearance. On this however I am more doubtful.

Edited by Dibs