TKIG “Second String” Super Bowl Spectactular

Do you want to see the Bills win the Super Bowl more than anything else in the world?

On Friday March 8th, you are going to get that chance.

In 2002, TNT aired a made for TV movie called ”Second String”

secondstringbanner.gif

In which, a rag tag crew of Bills Second Stringers lead the Buffalo Bills to a Super Bowl Championship!

Its official description:

There’s no tomorrow for professional football’s Buffalo Bills. They traded future draft picks to assemble a Dream Team starting offense designed to win it all now. But a plate of tainted oysters intervenes, sending that starting unit to the hospital with severe food poisoning. If the Bills are going to win the Super Bowl®, they’ll have to do it with their little-used bench warmers and with a flashy QB they signed for the practice squad.

SECOND STRING stars Academy Award winner Jon Voight as the Bills hard-headed coach Chuck Dichter and Gil Bellows as the new QB with a flair for trick plays. Second String also features cameos by some of sports’ most familiar faces, including Doug Flutie, Mike Ditka, Chris Berman, Donovan Greer and Bills radio announcer Van Miller.

On Friday March 8th, The Kick Is Good, in conjunction with The Bills Mafia, will be hosting a screening of the 2002 TV Movie “Second String” with all profits to benefit Roswell Park.

Here are the details:

What:

See the Buffalo Bills win the Super Bowl in the 2002 TV Movie “Second String” on the Big Screen.

secondstringbanner.gif

(Although it was a TV Movie, it would probably be rated PG-13. There’s some mild language and a relatively innocent bathtub scene that features brief Teri Polo side boob. Use discretion, if you’re planning on bringing the kids maybe you shouldn’t.)

Where:

The McKinley Mall Theaters 3701 McKinley Pkwy Blasdell, NY Right around the corner from Ralph Wilson Stadium

When:

Friday March 8th 7PM

Why:

To watch and celebrate the Buffalo Bills “WIN” the Super Bowl together!

How:

Just $6 reserves your seat with all profits going to Roswell Park.

http://www.thekickisgood.com/?p=4673

Space is limited!

After we “win” the Super Bowl are we Celebrating?

Of course we’re celebrating. We just “won” The Super Bowl!!! I’m finalizing details for a familiar post game gathering spot nearby Ralph Wilson Stadium and theater. More to come.

What Else:

This should be fun. Cheer, Boo, Live Tweet the event, Yell at Coach Dichter and tell him he’s being incredibly short sighted with his game plan. It’s really up to you. I’d love to make this an annual offseason Rocky Horror Picture Show type event. Just keep it respectful and let’s have some fun for a great cause.

Since tickets are extremely limited, how do I reserve my spot again?

Right here:

http://www.thekickisgood.com/?p=4673

This should be a great and fun Bills Offseason event, I hope to see you there.

TKIG

Ever want to see a Lombardi Trophy up close? There's also a VERY good chance that Tony Martin Awards on Harlem Rd. is going to let me borrow the Lombardi Trophy they created for this event.

I tell you, for this night only it will be just like we won the Super Bowl in real life!